•31

"Do you like cotton candies?"

Minju switched her gaze from the hand intertwined to hers to the person who owned it. They were at the park. Roaming around, talking about random things. Now, they're sitting on a bench. Taking a rest as they got tired touring the park.

The smile Minju was wearing earlier grew wider after she heard the said sweet food.

"Of course! Who wouldn't?" Minju answered.

"Wait me here, I'll buy one," Chaewon told Minju as she stood up from her seat and walked towards the cotton candy vendor not that far away from them.

"Can I have one please?"Chaewon asks, putting up a finger.

The vendor nodded and started making the cotton candy. While she was waiting for it to finish, Chaewon saw a stall selling fresh flowers, she looked back at Minju and saw that the latter was busy scrolling through her phone.

Telling the vendor that she will just buy something, Chaewon quietly walked over the stall.

Various of flowers were displayed on the stall. Looks like Minju will like any of them so Chaewon is having a hard time to choose a perfect flower for the girl.

"You can't pick one?" her eyes averted to the old lady in front of her which seems to be the seller of the flowers.

Chaewon shyly scratched her head and nodded, earning a chuckle from the old lady.

Grabbing something behind the stall, the old lady handed it to Chaewon. It was a white rose. One white rose to be exact.

It was tied up by a white ribbon with a white tag hanging on it.

'Everlasting' was the word written on the tag.

"It was the last white rose remaining here and that's the only one has a tag on it," the old lady said making Chaewon look at her and back to the rose.

"Do you know what a single white rose means?"

Chaewon shook her head. "A single white rose conveys a strong and deep massage of hope, respect, and love. It conveys the purity of that love and deep respect." The old lady looked at the white rose before continuing.

"White roses also symbolizes innocence and everlasting love,"

Chaewon smiled, thinking that it was indeed the perfect flower for Minju, "How much is this?" Chaewon quickly took her wallet from her pocket and was about to pay for the flower when the old lady stopped her.

"No need to pay. I give white roses for free when a costumer can't decide on what flower they will buy,"

"Thank you very much!" Chaewon thanked the old lady sincerely.

"Is she your girlfriend?" hearing the old lady's question, Chaewon immediately followed the former's gaze making her eyes land on the person who's making every of her day happy.

Automatically, a smile made its way on Chaewon face as she nods at the old lady, saying a yes.

"What a perfect match. Cupid really don't fail to amaze me," the lady looked at Chaewon and Minju back and forth with a warm smile plastered on her face.

Chaewon looked away, feeling her cheeks and ears burning after being called a perfect match for Minju. As her eyes went to the side, she saw that the cotton candy she was buying is nearly finished so she bid a goodbye to the old lady before marching back to the cotton candy stall.

As she arrived there, the cotton candy was already finished. She paid for it and thanked the vendor.

When she walked back to where Minju was, she saw that she was still busy scrolling on her phone. Just then, something popped up on Chaewon's mind.