•9

Yujin's P.O.V

"Arghhh! I'm bored!" I complained and sat at the window. Today is Saturday and I finished reviewing my notes. I've already read it multiple times and now I don't have anything to do.

My parents- I mean my so-called parents aren't here. Yes, step-parents, my biological mother married another man when my biological father died, so the man that my biological mother married was my step-father. When my biological mom died, my step-father married another woman again, and that woman is now my step-mother. Or maybe I don't need to call them my parents cause we are not even related by blood or any papers to consider them my parents.

They don't even consider me like their family, why? It's because they don't like me, funny right? They don't even want me to call them mom and dad, as if I want to. They just let me stay in their house because of my mother's dying wish. And then I'll afford my own clothes and my own food. The good thing is they didn't know that my mother left me a card that contains money from our company. When the company earns money, half of it will go to my card. And the other half will remain at the company.

'I wish mom and dad are still here,'

A tear escaped my eye when I thought of it. I smiled bitterly, reminiscing the times when me and my parents are complete and living happily.

We'll go to the park when Sunday comes, it is the best family bonding ever. They will buy me 2 cones of chocolate ice cream and we will play kites when it's windy.

They will play 'Play Station' with me when it's raining outside and we can't go to the park.

They will buy 2 cakes when my birthday comes. They will help Hyewon unnie to escape from her father just to attend my birthday- our birthday. Every year, Hyewon unnie and I are celebrating our birthdays together because she can't celebrate with her father, she can't even buy a cake for herself. That's why my parents buy 2 cakes for the two of us. I think I am the happiest child in the world because of them. But all of that happy moments vanished in just a split of second.

My father's secretary found dad lying on the floor, bathed in his own blood. The police investigated the scene and it came out as a suicide. Suicide? Why would my father kill himself? Is he tired? Is he tired of us? Am I a bad child? Those are the thoughts that came of my mind when I saw the suicide letter he wrote(?).

My mother married another man, 4 years after my father died. So I asked her "Why, eomma?" "Why do you have to marry another man?" "I don't need another father. We don't need him eomma." but I received a slap from her.

"What about me? I need someone Yujin. I need someone to love me, like how your father loved me. You're being selfish Yujin. You can't do anything but to accept him. I'm already married to this man and he is part of our family now. So please, don't be like this,"  that's what she told me, so I just accepted it.

My step-father is not bad after all. He always cooked for us and we will always go to the park like what my biological father will do when it's Sunday. But all of that are just part of his show, his own fucking show. He just want our money, that's why he married my mother. When my mother found it out, she wants a divorce, but that jerk didn't want to.

One day, he found my mother hanging on their room. My heart broke to pieces when I saw her suicide note beside my father's.

Yujin-ah, I can't handle the pain anymore. Please forgive eomma... I'm sorry.

Love,

-Eomma

I'm sorry for leaving the two of you. I just can't handle the pain anymore. I love you and I'm sorry...