Chapter 7: Training

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy this next chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I woke up to an alarm coming from my phone. I remembered that I was in the lair where the turtles and Master Splinter lived. He insisted that I should use the room I woke up in as my own since the foot clan may still be searching for me. I looked at my phone to check the time.

6:30 AM

I knew it was early, but I will be in training, and I need to warm up. I got up and stretched my back a bit. My stomach is still tense, but after I took pain medications and plenty of rest the other day, I felt much better than before.

I took off my shirt as I grabbed a roll of bandage from the bag. I wrapped it around my chest for stability. I didn't want my chest in the way of training, so this was acceptable. After I made sure it was in place, I pulled out my attire for my training. I pulled on a sleeveless fitted black turtleneck top and then put on black samurai pants. I haven't worn them since graduation. I pulled out a set of black boots and slipped them on as they reached up halfway on my calves.

I held the hair fastener between my teeth as I brushed my hair and had it set in a tight braid. After I fastened it in place, I brushed my teeth and left my room. I had my black fingerless gloves attached to my side for after breakfast. They helped me when I'm in training.

The lair was practically empty, and I thought that maybe they were still sleeping.

I went to the kitchen and looked through the cabinets and fridge to see what they got. When I found some necessary ingredients, I decided to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon, as there was plenty enough for all.

As I poured the batter into the pan, I heard a shuffling noise behind me, and I turned around to see Mikey yawning and stretching.

"Oh, what's that smell? Is that... pancakes," Mikey asked in surprise.

"Yes, but," I smacked his hand as he tried to steal one from the stack, "you'll have to wait for your brothers and Master Splinter."

"Aww," he pouted playfully, "not even a nibble?"

"Sorry, no can do, now go sit down. I'm halfway done," I said.

I saw him slumped over as he practically dragged his feet towards the table. 'What a drama queen,' I thought.

After 15 minutes went by, I heard more shuffling feet as I placed the rest of the eggs in the bowl.

"Mikey, could you help me bring them to the table, please," I asked.

"Sure thing Lia, as long as I have the first serving," he said as he grabbed a plate of bacon.

"Deal," I said as I placed a few stacks of pancakes on the table. Mikey set the eggs and bacon next to it.

"What is all this, Sakura," Master Splinter asked, still tired from waking up as the rest of the turtles followed, their eyes widened at the spread on the table.

"I wanted to show you my appreciation for letting me stay in your home. So I decided to make you guys breakfast before we begin the training," I said.

Leo stepped forward, bowed gently, and said, "thank you, Lia."