My First Date

Hey guys! Thank you for your patience! This piece was so good that I stayed up all night trying to finish it. This will be an interesting date that Leo and Sakura had ever experienced. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have any of you felt this nervous when going on a date? 

Cause that was how I felt.

I know, I know. Sakura was not the type of girl to be nervous. But I was because tonight was the night. The night that I was going on my first date with Leo!

Ever since the tower incident and my getting out of a coma, Leo and I spent time together, enjoying each other's company when not in training or on any missions. But we did not actually 'date,' according to April. She was the one who insisted that we should go out on an official date. She told Leo to arrange it while she dragged me out of the lair.

So now, I was at April's apartment as she rummaged through her closet. I took a shower a while ago, and I was sitting on the couch wearing her robe. I would have worn my usual clothing, but she stated that this was my first date, and I needed to dress up for the occasion, whatever that meant.

"Here," April said as she tossed me a few clothing items, "try these on."

I looked at the clothes and gave her a weird look.

"You're kidding," I said sarcastically, holding up a short skirt that could be above the knee.

"Oh, come on, just this once," she said, putting out her best puppy face, "please?"

Knowing that she would not stop until I gave in, I played along and tried on the outfit. I got to tell you, trying on black leggings was trickier than I imagined, and yet somehow, I managed to get it on without tearing a hole. Next was the deep hot pink skirt, the black fitted t-shirt, and black ankle boots with a little bit of heel. After trying it on, I went to the full-length mirror to look at my new attire. I was in shock. Was that me? I look different, like mature looking.

"I got to admit," I said as I admired the outfit, "this was better than I thought

"I got to admit," I said as I admired the outfit, "this was better than I thought."

April smiled and gestured towards the vanity. I sat down as she grabbed a brush and hairdryer."Yeah, I knew you are not the kind to wear a lot of girly stuff, so I thought this outfit would be more casual and not too girly.""Honestly, if my so-called mom did not pester me with 'Clueless' clothes and pastel colors, I would have learned to like this look."April giggled as she brushed my hair, and I smiled. I stared at the mirror as she pulled out her curling iron and focused on getting my hair done. So this is what it was like to have a sibling? Someone who listens and supports them? That protects their sibling from the world? All those questions ran through my head as I sighed a little. April noticed my sad expression and asked, "what's wrong?"I looked at her through the reflection of the mirror."Did you ever think about having a brother or a sister when you were young? I mean, when your father was alive at the time?"April paused herself from brushing my hair as she pondered on my question."I... had thought about it when I was younger. But I lost my mother when I was a child. It was only father and me until that lab incident."I nodded gently."Why do you ask," she asked."Well..." I said, "when I was a kid before I took karate lessons, I would watch the kids play with their siblings. I often imagine what it would be like if I were to have a brother or a sister. But until a few years ago, after my father died, I realized that my so-called mother only had me because my dad wanted to have a kid. After I was born, she told him that she was not giving him any more kids."April made a face."She sounds awful.'I laughed."Yeah, she was terrible."April laughed with me for a few seconds before she calmed down."Well, if it means anything to you," April said, "when you came to New York, I almost view you as a family. Later on, when you were fighting with the turtles and ended up in a coma, I thought I was losing you. You could say it was an 'overprotective' feeling I had that made me want to protect you."I smiled at her honest answer."If anything," I responded, "I'm glad to call you my sister."April hugged me, and I responded eagerly.Our 'sister' moment was interrupted by a gentle knock on the window. April walked over to the window and opened the curtain a little.Leo was waiting outside."She's almost ready, Leo. Give her a minute," April said before closing the curtain and paced back over where I sat and tried to get my hair done as quickly as possible. My long dirty blonde hair was now in a thick braid, which I thought was adorable.