Chapter 8: Training/ The Truth

Hey guys! Thank you for being patient with me. I apologize if I was late updating my work. I had to watch over the puppy while my sister is out of town, but somehow I managed. Anyways, enjoy the next chapter! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few weeks since my first day of training, and I continued to improve myself. After countless training sessions of using my wooden substitutes, Master Splinter told me that I was ready to wield a real weapon. He let me choose one of the weapons from the rack that called to me. Though I excel at every weapon given, I found myself holding a black sheathed katana, the same one I held when I first woke up in their lair. Master Splinter somehow knew that it was the weapon that suited me. The past week, I had been practicing with my katanas, moving them fluently as I imagined it cutting through blades of grass. Leo had been helpful when he gave me demonstrations and tips when using katanas.

"Sakura, it is time for you to spar with your weapon for the first time," Master Splinter said.

"Yes, Master."

I repeated the same mantra, and I blocked out my emotions. I was ready.

Donnie went first as he swirled his bo staff around and tried to strike me before I blocked it with my katanas. I pushed him off me as I took a swing at his bo staff. We were blocking each other's strikes until the Master yelled 'yame.'

We both bowed as Donnie said:

"You are doing well Lia."

"You too, Donnie," I smiled gently.

Next up was Mikey. Since I had told him about fighting no matter what gender, he would adjust every time we spar, and I had seen him improve, but he was still a showoff.

As he swung his nunchucks at me, I had one wrapped around one of my katanas and pulled it out of his grip. I swung the blade at him and blocked it with the other nunchuck. He did the same trick I did to him and pulled one of my katanas out of range.

"Not bad, Mikey," I complimented.

"I learned from the best," He shrugged as he spun his nunchuck around casually.

I swept my leg under his foot and struck his weapon out of reach. He landed on his back, again, as I pointed my sword at him.

"But you still need more work."

I pulled my weapon back as I held my hand to him. He held my hand as I helped him up. We bowed before he left the ring. As I retrieved my other katana, I turned around to see a slightly pissed Raphael.

Oh boy, here we go again. Ever since I took Raph down on the first day of training, he had been grumpier and was determined to win the spar. I do not understand his issue, but then again, he's a moody teenager. Every spar we had before I began training with my weapons, he would try to take me down, and I had taken a few surprise reflexes, but I managed to beat him. I bet he was still mad about the last round. I might have made him land hard against the wall, and some debris landed on his head. I gave him an ice pack, but all he did was give me a dirty glare.