Chapter 18: Welcome Back

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay. Road trips can get pretty tiring, but I had enough time to get this chapter done. So I hope you enjoy it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My POV:

I smiled when I saw Leo. This moment felt deja vu.

"Hi Leo," I softly said as I smiled.

He stared at me, wanting to think it was a dream and that he would be in his lair. But I was breathing and alive in his eyes. He moved towards me and cradled me in his arms as he thought I might break like glass. I hugged him tightly.

"Oh, Sakura," he whispered in relief, "I thought I lost you. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too, Leo," I whispered as a tear slid down my cheek.

We stayed like this, enjoying each other's embrace, not saying a word as our hug expressed everything we had gone through. After what felt like hours when it was mere minutes, he slowly pulled away. He cupped my cheek that had a bandage where my scar was.

"I'm so sorry," Leo said, "I wish that I could go back and-"

But I placed my finger on his lips.

"There is nothing that you could have done. I chose to do this because I care for your brothers. Do not blame yourself for my decision."

I lowered my hand from his lips as he took in my words.

"Sensei almost said the same thing," he softly chuckled.

"Leo," I called his attention.

He looked at me.

"I love you too," I smiled at him.

He looked at me in shock before he looked away. I swore his cheeks turned slightly red. I slowly sat up and cupped his face, turning his head towards me. I got lost in his eyes as I leaned forward, and he followed. Our lips were inches apart, and it felt like forever before we finally connected our lips. I closed my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he held me close.

Oh. My. God. It was my first kiss, and it was with the one I fell in love with: Leonardo. My Leo.

He angled his head and made our kiss so much more than a shy peck on the lips. I wished that this would last forever, but sadly we needed air, and we pulled apart. I heard the heart monitor that I was attached to beeping quickly. We slowly breathed as we rested our foreheads against each other.

"Wow," was all I could whisper at this moment.

"You don't know how long I wanted this," Leo whispered, slightly out of breath.

"I can only imagine."

He wanted to say something, but we heard footsteps coming towards my room. I laid back in bed as Leo quietly snuck out of the window. A nurse rushed in and saw me wide awake.

"Oh my god, she's awake," she said, "it's a miracle."

She rushed out to call for a doctor. Minutes later, a doctor walked in, the nurse behind him, and his reaction was the same as the nurse. He came to my side.

"It's good to have your back, miss. How are you feeling," he asked.

"I feel like I am ready to go home," I joked a little.

He smiled at my sense of humor.

"You had been in a coma for a month."

My eyes widened in surprise.