Chapter 9: Pizza Night/Part of the Family

Hey guys! So this is the final chapter before I start writing the whole movie in the next chapters. I wanted to announce that I will be planning to draw a design for Lin's clothing for the first tmnt movie. Please feel free to comment below on what you think I should design. The outfit will be based on the trash style like the turtles used to make their outfits. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slowly woke up the next morning, feeling a little drained, but at the same time, I felt light. It was as though the weight had lifted off my shoulders. Then I recalled last night when I told Leo my story. He was the first person I ever told my feelings and my story. He listened to me and held me in his arms. I remembered his muscular arms and how he kept me close. He made me feel safe and warm the same way my dad did. The thought of that memory made my heart swell all of a sudden.

"What is this strange feeling," I thought, "it felt the same as before."

I looked at my phone to see what time it was.

10:30 AM

ONE NEW MESSAGE

I did not realize how much I slept, but I was sure that I needed it anyway. I noticed the messages and opened up the screen.

April: Hey! Would you like to hang out for lunch?

I realized that I had not got a chance to hang out with her since the day we met. Due to training, I was distracted. I knew that if I kept saying that I was busy, she would get suspicious. So I replied:

Lin: Sure, I would love to hang out. Where should we meet?

After I sent it, I went through my dresser to find something to wear. I pulled out a green tank top and black cargo pants. After I put them on, I slipped on my black converse. When I finished brushing and pulling my hair back into a simple ponytail, I grabbed my bomber jacket and walked out of my room.

I saw Master Splinter trimming a bonsai tree as Leo was training with his katanas. Raph was reading his comic book as Donnie was doing some research. Lastly, Mikey was playing Mario Kart. As soon as they heard me come out, the turtles stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

It felt weird to be stared at, to be honest. But Raph looked away, probably a bit guilty from what happened yesterday.

"I umm... was about to go to the surface," I said.

The turtles looked at me in shock. I saw Master Splinter's ears perked up, as though he was waiting to hear more.

"You see, I met a friend when I came to New York a few weeks ago. She was asking if I could have lunch with her. I had not been able to hang out with her due to training. I would feel bad if I did not get a chance to hang out with her."