Chapter 16: April's Visit/Leo's Visit

Hey guys! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! It took me a while, but I got it done! I will warn you guys that it will be a bit emotional if you read the previous chapter. Anyways, enjoy the next one!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------At the Lair...

"Okay, the mutagen is now entering his bloodstream," Donnie said after he injected Master Splinter with a substance from the syringe.

They quietly waited for him to respond, but nothing happened

"Master Splinter," Mikey asked.

"Nothing's happening," Raph said.

"Why isn't it working yet?"

Master Splinter slowly stirred and looked at him.

"Mikey...," he whispered.

"Huh?"

"Mikey, come closer."

He leaned over sensei, cupping his non-existent ear to hear his whispers.

"What did he say? What did he say," Leo asked.

"He said, 'Please get your knee off my chest.'," Mikey responded

They laughed as they exhaled in relief that Sensei was alright.

"Sensei," Leo said.

"You're alive," Mikey exclaimed.

"It worked," Raph said.

"I'm sorry," Leo apologized, "this was all my fault."

"You were right," Raph said, "we weren't ready."

"No," Master Splinter softly said, "It was I who wasn't ready to let you go. All you needed was to discover that your true power lies in believing in one another."

They looked at each other as Mikey fully processed Sensei's words, then he placed his hands at his head and made an 'explosion' sound.

Master Splinter smiled at his sons' reaction but noticed that someone was not with them.

"Where is Sakura," he asked.

They looked at him before looking down.

"Last I remember," Leo said, "April took her to an ambulance truck."

"She was hurt," Donnie said as he gained his attention," she got hurt trying to protect me. She got struck by one of Shredder's blades when she tried to block it with her weapons after she pushed me out of the way."

"None of us saw that coming," Raph said, "it was so sudden. We only heard her scream when we noticed her injury."

Mikey was silent before he spoke:

"Sakura was like a sister to me," he said, "and it hurts that I could not do anything about it."

"Do not blame yourself, my sons," Master Splinter said, "this was out of your control, and it was her choice to protect her family. I only pray that she will recover soon."

He laid down and closed his eyes, indicating that he was asleep. They left him to get some rest as they split up to do something to distract them. Everyone except Leo went to check the damage that the foot clan had left behind.

Leo walked towards what used to be Sakura's room but was now half a room. He sat down on a pile of debris as he gazed at two of Sakura's katanas in his grip. Words of her confession echoed in his head: