Chapter 13: April's Visit/ Clan Invasion

Hey guys! I want to apologize for the late update. I had an online class to take, and I was trying to figure out how this chapter would run. Thank you for your patience! Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After April and Vern dropped me off, I went into the sewers. I took the long route back because there were a lot of things going through my head. Since I got rid of the card, what will happen now? Would the movie still run as it played out, or will it change?

I made it back to the lair, and as I suspected, the ha'shi was over, and Mikey must have told Master Splinter the truth. I went into my room and changed into my ninja outfit. I was putting on my fingerless gloves when someone spoke from behind:

"I see you have returned, Sakura."

I turned to see Master Splinter, and I recalled our last discussion.

"...I expect you to be back when you're done. You have some explaining to do."

That was right, I have something to explain to him, but the question is, what does he want to know?

"Yes, Sensei," I said, bowing gently.

"Come."

I followed him to his room. It was the first time I had ever been in his room. It was not very much, but it was cozy. The walls had bonsai filled the shelves, each trimmed differently than the other. Red paper lanterns were strewn across the room, bathing the room in its warm glow. In the middle, there was a small table with a tea tray. The steam escaped from two cups. I took my seat as Master Splinter sat across from me. He gestured the tea to me, and I slowly took the cup. 

Taking a small sip, I felt a calm wash over me, making me forget about my worries. It had been a while since I had tea. Master Splinter smiled, pleased that I was at ease.

"So tell me, dear," he said, "how did April know of who you are?"

I sighed softly.

"She saw me when we were fighting the foot clan. When Mikey said my name, she knew right away who I was. We had a bit of a fight. Her words hurt me. But when she called, she apologized for what she told me. We are still good friends. She has questions that she wanted to ask, but I was thankful she didn't."

Master Splinter hummed softly in thought.

"My sons will be picking up April and bringing her here. She is in great danger since she got involved in this."

I slowly nodded. I expected that to happen. I took another sip of tea.

"There's something you are not telling me or my sons."

I almost choked on my tea. I was not expecting that. I looked at him.

"Since you had opened up to us of your past, I saw how you felt at ease. Though I sensed that that was not all you have told us, is that correct?"