Chapter Nine

Amy went back to University two weeks into September and didn't mind the driving back and forth, her and Ty were like a married couple already, she didn't stay every night as she liked to spend time with her mom, although it would be easier if Ty was allowed to visit her.
"Mom, when do you think Grampa will finally allow Ty to come here and visit".
"I Don't know love, I'll have a word".
Jack walks in to the kitchen.
" You seem to spend more time with your boyfriend than you do here Amy".
"I know Grampa, and that is really down to you isn't it, you banned him from setting foot on Heartland so I have no alternative but to spend my time in Hudson with him, it would be nice if he could visit me".
"Mmmm".
"Won't you change your mind Grampa, we've been together a long time, and I'd like Ty to be at my 21st Birthday party".
"No, not at the moment ".
"Fine, don't bother with a party mom, I'll sort my own out, I'm off to Ty's".
"Don't be late back".
" I'll be back after Uni tomorrow Grampa ".
Amy walked out and seconds later was driving up the driveway.
"What did she mean, tomorrow Marion ".
Ha ha, you push her away and then you can't keep tabs on her, her and Ty have been living together for the last two years, when will you admit to yourself that your little girl is all grown up, if you don't allow Ty back on this Ranch she'll probably move in with him and then you'll lose her like you did Lou. If that happens I'll be the next to leave and I'll take our horses with me, then you can stew on your own ".

That night Jack was asleep when he saw Lyndy out on the porch "Lyndy!!"
"Hi Jackson, you look lonely, I see you've run everyone off the Ranch you old fool",
"They decided to leave".
"No they didn't, stop lying to yourself Jack. I think your the one who needs to grow up and move into this century, They will do what they want no mater what you say".
"Maybe your right ".
"Of course I am, what you going to do when your ill, or have an accident Jack, you need family around you, and it's about time you and Marion moved on with your lives and found someone".
Jack could hear a beeping noise, then woke up to his Alarm. He sat up in bed thinking about his dream, the last thing he wanted was to be alone, maybe Lyndys right, he is an old fool..
Jack got dressed and came out to the kitchen, "Marion, do Amy's Birthday here, Ty can come and go as he pleases I'm sorry for being such an old fool".
"Okay, who are you and where's my real father"
"Very funny Marion ".
Marion put two coffees on the table and sat down.
"Why the sudden change Dad, is everything OK ".
"Yeah, I had a dream last night, Well I think it was a dream, it was more like that Film Scrooge, and Lyndy came to see me, ever since your mum passed away I've always been able to see her occasionally, sometimes a memory or a dream but always about something that's going on in my life, when I woke up I just sat there thinking about things she said or I said, she also told me to move on, you too Marion, it's not good being on your own, find someone, your still young enough to have a life you know".
"Maybe Dad, you too".
"Yeah, me too".

Marion phoned Amy who was at University about Lunch time and told her Ty could start coming to the Ranch again she said she'd explain when she got home.
Later in the afternoon she got a call from Ty asking if she could meet him in Town as he needed to speak to her but couldn't come to the Ranch, Marion explained that had been recinded and he was welcome anytime.
An hour later Ty turned up and Marion went outside to welcome him.
"Hi Marion, could we take a walk please ". Ty was looking around obviously for Jack.
"Yes of course we can Ty".
They started walking and eventually Ty asked Marion for Amy's Hand in Marriage.
"I know Amy still has 2 years to do at university and I don't want to get married in the next 2 yrs but I want her to know how serious I am about our relationship ".
"Ty, you have my blessing, and I know you will care for her, when were you thinking of asking her ".
"On her Birthday ".
"Oh that's so romantic Ty, a Birthday to remember, have you got the ring yet".
" Yes".
"Okay, be here for 6pm on Friday night".
"Okay, thank you Marion ".

It was Amy's Birthday and Marion had everything set up.
Amy finished classes at 2.30 but went straight to the Clinic to do 2 hours so as to give Scott a helping hand, by the time she finished and headed home it was 6.15pm . She walked in to the Ranch to the sounds of shouting Happy Birthday and Party Poppers going off, Amy was totally caught of guard. The party went really well and Ty asked her if he could talk to her as he wanted some fresh air.
"Yeah, I could do with some myself".
They went outside and Marion watched as they walked hand in hand towards the Barn.
Amy noticed that the barn lights were off so when Ty opened the door Amy went in and turned to put the lights on, when she turned around again the place was lit up with Fairy lights, she looked in amazement, then Ty walked in front of her and got down on one knee, as soon as she saw what was happening her eye's filled with tears and Ty uttered those words " Amy I want you to know how serious I am about my love for you and want to show it by asking you Amy Fleming, Will you Marry Me".
"Yes Ty Borden, I will Marry You".
Ty stood and put the Ring on her finger, it was a little bigger than her finger but told her they'd get it fixed in town and then pulled Amy gently into his Arms kissing her.
They get back to the party and Marion immediately looks at Amy's left hand seeing the Ring on her finger, they walk over to the stereo and Amy turns the Volume down, everyone looks over and Ty announces that Amy Just accepted his Proposal of marriage and there now Engaged. Everyone started clapping and shouting Congratulations, Marion rushed over hugging Amy and then Ty congratulating them both, even Jack did the same and shook Ty's hand, Amy then turned the music back up and they continued the Birthday/Engagement Party.

To be continued.