04 | "Phone Call"

1993'
                             Couple Days Later

Miyoko cheesed ear to ear and she jogged over to the 1992 Acura Integra. This was one of her most successful purchases. It was something she finally had in her name other than her bank accounts so far. She had money saved up for herself but not enough for a car...that was until she got in contact with Keenan. To her man were so easy all they did was think with their lower halves than their brains. As long as you had a pretty face and a vagina you could get anything.

It was kind of a risk for herself that she took. Keenan actually lived in Houston aside from the men she would usually go far. Mostly businessmen since they had no problem telling a complete stranger their business. But she kind of knew she mostly wouldn't have seen Keenan again.

Once Miyoko got inside her car she was able to call her's she wasted no time calling Amirah. Once she heard the click on the phone she squealed into the phone.

"I got the car, Mimi!"

"It is about damn time." Amirah spoke into the phone. "Congratulations, me and you both making some big moves. You got a car and I will be moving into my apartment soon.." Amirah trailed off before she spoke. "That is what I love about you, Mi. When you speak about something you make that shit a goal. I'm proud you."

"I got to. Cant nobody get you going but yourself."

"That's some true shit but—" Amirah trailed off about to ask, "Did you ever get a call from Arlante by chance?"

Miyoko furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "No I haven't, why is he calling me and how did he get my number." She wasted no time pulling out of dealership, she couldn't wait to show Keena and Mina her new ride.

"That nigga came by the house and asked for it. He lucky Stece wasn't there because I know some shit woulda went down. Can't be popping up at folks house unexpected, that shit will get you killed. Especially if you the reason a nigga was locked up."

"Well, why would you give it to him? Me and him have nothing to talk about."

"Now you know he was feeling you, I saw the way he was looking when I introduced you guys. He ignored every bitch in there but didn't waste time to stop and talk to you. If you ask me that brother was starving."

Miyoko laughed at her friends silliness. "No he was not-Either way I don't want to be affiliated with him and what he has going on."

"But you used to hang around, Stece and he is no different from, Arlante."

"That's because I'm friends with you. We don't have anything to do with what they do as their hobbies."

"I know that's right." Amirah shouted into the phone. "And don't think I forgot about you spilling the beans to Stece—but its alright, I aint tripping bout it. He was gonna find out sooner or later, thanks to you sooner came early for me."

Miyoko laughed at loud, thinking Amirah had forgot all about it. When they had hung out days after she never brought it up. Miyoko figured she just forgot Amirah did have short memory. In reality Amirah did forget but the mention of her apartment had her thinking.

"So, what did he say? I heard yall going back and forth"

"He wasn't saying shit I wanted to hear." Amirah informed, as the tone in her voice changed. "Hes gonna have to realize that I ain't that fifteen-year old girl he knew before he got locked up. Shit has changed and I need to jump into the reality of my own life. If my own daddy don't have a problem with it, why do he?"