31 | "Yes"

Montego Bay, Jamaica

                                  April 1996'

                              2 Months Later

The Jamaica trip was just getting started. They had just arrived to the resort Amirah rented out for her three day birthday trip. Miyoko insisted on paying for it but Amirah declined. The resort was fancy and offered a lot of activities. They were in Montego Bay, a city in Jamaica. No one had ever been and it was the perfect time to check countries off of their bucket list.

Amirah had brought along Bones, two of his friends that played alongside him in the NFL Terry and Yasir, Juicy and three of her homegirls she made over time. She spent so much time with Miyoko you would've thought that was her only friend but she was able to make connections over the time she spent In California.

Two months had gone by. It was April and while spending time in Jamaica with the three days they were there Arlante and Miyoko's anniversary date will pass by. She had been wanting to take some time off and go away and what better way than Amirah's birthday out of the country. Miyoko was sure Arlante was forgetful of their anniversary date so she wasn't going to trip.

Lately she has been letting Arlante do him. She was taking everyone's advice and giving him the time he needed. She didn't complain or nag like before. She tried not to. She was going to give his time and let him get himself together. No matter how long it took she was going to wait for her man. Whether that meant helping him in the process she was going to do that.

The van filled with all 9 people pulled up in front of the resort. Everyone stepped off and grabbed their bags with the help of their driver. Miyoko took the shades off of her face, looking around the resort and outside area. It was so beautiful. It was sunny outside with the temperature of 89. The palm trees were healthy and dark green.

Her weave, 28 inches fell down her back as she tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. She had decided to do a sew in for the trip. She thought about letting someone do braids for her while she was in Jamaica. She was dressed casual in a white tank top and a floral maxi skirt with gold sandals. Her outfit was simple so she accessorized herself with gold bandles and small hoop earrings.

There were so many things Miyoko looked forward to doing on this trip. She was trying to juggle her career while also enjoying her life. Soon she would have to be planning for a tour and needed this vacation. Work was already a lot as it was and she needed to release some stress. She was drama free here being with Amirah and her friends.

"We're in Jamaica!" Amirah yelled out as Bones pushed open the door to the resort. He was holding her up with her legs wrapped around her waist. A bottle of Cristal in her hand as she waved it around.

She was so excited for the fun that they were about to have for her birthday trip. Her birthday wasn't until midnight and they were going to party and get drunk opening up her birthday that way. She was doing her 21st big.