14| "Time's Up"

1994'
              THREE MONTHS LATER...

"Look at them niggas. They having the time of their lives." Dawn tapped the counter as Miyoko looked up from the counter over at a man who was getting a lap dance from two strippers. He was in a room but there was a wide clear window that was see thru. He threw the money in the air as it fell on the strippers while he dapped up one of his homeboys.

Miyoko smirked, shaking her head. Ste'ce and his friends been up to the club every Friday and Saturday for the past week. She didn't know what the special occasion was but he was living his life to the fullest.

"Why you ain't in there? You too good?" Miyoko grinned, joking as Dawn waved her off. It was good to have a friend where she could joke with without getting mad or offended. Dawn had the kind of humor that was dark so Miyoko's jokes were light.

"Hell yeah I'm too good." Dawn chuckled, turning to look back at Miyoko. "Them tired ass tricks. They ain't on shit. Probably gone suck them niggas off by the end of the night for some extra cash. That ain't me."

"Uh huh do not do my brother." Amirah approached the counter in her regular clothes out of no where just as Dawn made her comment. "He do not get down like that." Amirah took a seat in the chair next to Dawn.

Dawn looked Amirah up and down wondering where she came from and how she just randomly inserted herself into the conversation. "And how you know that?" Dawn raised as eyebrow, snapping her neck. "Ain't that nigga just get out the pen?"

"I know because he's my brother. He ain't gone stick his dick in anything just because it got a pussy. Thank you very much." Amirah rolled her eyes. "And what him getting out of jail mean?"

"It mean he's willing to fuck anything because it's there. He ain't been getting nothing because of all them years he did so he cherishing what he got. That's why he always bringing his ass down here with them fools."

"Stop tryna play my brother." She shoved her five fingers in Dawn's face. "He don't need to come to some club just to fuck a bunch of tired ass strippers."

Dawn laughed. "They can't be that tired if he spending his paycheck on em'."

"As in they that includes you too, right?"

"Excuse me?"

"Okay y'all where is this going?" Miyoko interrupted the conversation before it escalated because that's where it was obviously leading them. "It's not that serious, okay?" She looked between her two friends.

"Mhm." Amirah replied, looking Dawn up and down before turning her head back to her best friend.

"Yeah whateva'. I'll see you later, Miyoko." Dawn walked away from the bar leaving the two there.

"Dang what was that about?" Miyoko eyed her friend who was obviously upset about something way deeper than her conversation just now with Dawn.

"It wasn't bout shit. You better get your girl talking on Ste'ce like she know him or something."

"Come on now, Mimi. you know she ain't mean it like that."

"Whateva aight. What other way could she have meant it?" She tilted her head a little to look at her friend. Amirah took a seat at the bar and pointed to a bottle. "Can you pour me up two whiskey shots?"

Miyoko scrunched her face up. Whiskey shots? She was too young to be asking for some whiskey shots. Even though they weren't supposed to drink on the job, Amirah seemed to be in a bad mood so she poured her up those two shots anyway.