25| "Back To Love"

Calabasas, California

        1996'

The home shared by Miyoko and Arlante was surrounded by nothing but friends and family. Miyoko's single Girls wanna have fun with Mahogany had just been released and the whole week Miyoko had been focusing on planning a party. Not only was the song being released but the music video would be aired on MTV. The song was released the day before at midnight and the video would be played on MTV by 4pm. It was an early party starting around Twelve in the afternoon.

Since the party was early they turned the occasion into a pool party. It was currently a quarter past 3 and they were just enjoying the party until MTV played their music video.

They had a chef who cooked a cuisine for everyone and the party came out just as Miyoko imagined. Miyoko wanted to be surrounded by nothing but friends and family. That includes people like her sister, Amina, UNITY, Amirah, Juicy and Harvey. Of course the party wasn't just filled with them because Shorty took it upon himself to invite a bunch of people he knew. He invited his friends and they told their friends. Nobody would miss an opportunity to not come to a party hosted by the U.N.I Wright and Miyoko.

Miyoko didn't mind because she wanted to share her success with everyone else. As long as nobody crossed their boundaries and respected their space then she was fine.

The only thing that had Miyoko on the edge of her seat was the whole situation with Sadity and her diss track. Her label had given her a few days to decide on her decision. At the time she had been conflicted. After a few days of thinking once she finally got back to Bill she decided to not go through with dropping a diss against Sadity. It had nothing to do with Sadity but everything to do with Miyoko.

No matter what, Miyoko always wanted to stay true to herself. Even though she had others in her ear encouraging her to go through with the diss she didn't have the balls to. If she dropped a diss against this chick she would be going against everything she stood for. Women empowerment.

Miyoko had taken Sadity's words to heart but she didn't want to go against her. It wasn't what she stood for. It would just create an unnecessary back and forth that she wasn't ready for. If Sadity continued to talk about her and she didn't acknowledge her Sadity would just look like an obsessed fan. No response was better than responding. What did she look like engaging in a rap beef with a girl she never conversed with in her life.

In all, once she gave her reasoning to Bill he had no choice but to respect it. He wasn't forcing Miyoko to do anything, he just thought it would be best for her career. She was talented and if she engaged in a beef with Sadity whether it was real or not it would draw in more listeners and attract more fans to her music.

Miyoko held a plate in her hand as she traveled to the back yard where the pool area was. She walked through a bunch of people in her way as she made it towards Arlante who laid back on the beach chairs. She stepped through the screen door and looked over at Trey and Benny who sat down next to Arlante in the beach chairs talking to some random girls. A small frown plastered her face as she pulled the shades she wore on her face down. Not only were there girls occupying Trey and Benny but there was a random girl who sat down in an empty beach chair conversing with Arlante.

She had been gone for less than ten minutes to make him a plate and there was already a groupie trying to take her man.

She walked over to them and stood in front of Arlante and the woman. "Um...excuse me?" She stood there, a hand on her hip and the food in her other hand as she looked between the girl and Arlante. She scoffed when the girl sat there looking at her as if she was the one intruding. "Are you not gonna get up?"