12| "Born Again"

1994'

Miyoko tried her hardest to not rush out of the house as she checked herself to make sure she had everything she needed. Before leaving the house she went to the bathroom to check herself out. Her hair was in her go-to hairstyle which was two pigtails. She looked over her natural makeup look to make sure she didn't miss any steps and that it was blended in properly. Seeing that she was put together perfectly she let Amirah know she was leaving. It was weird to see Amirah home on her day off. It seemed like Amirah was always home now when she loved to spend her nights out.

Miyoko left the house and squealed as she ran over to Arlante who leaned against his car, squeezing the life out of him in a hug. She felt herself being lifted up from the ground as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Arlante was back in town for the weekend for his mother's birthday. Of course he had to make a stop over by Miyoko. Surprisingly Miyoko had found herself missing Arlante, she couldn't wait for him to touch back down in Houston. It had been a two weeks since he last asked her to be his girlfriend.

Since she had missed spending time with Amina for her birthday she decided to spend the whole day with Amina while Arlante accompanied them. He wasn't complaining since he insisted on going with Miyoko. Miyoko was skeptical about Arlante meeting Amina so soon but then she figured he would eventually end up meeting her There wasn't a specific time limit when it was okay to introduce your significant other to your family so why not.

Once he placed her on her feet she still had a grip around his waist. "Damn you tryna break a nigga ribs?" Arlante raised an eyebrow looking down at Miyoko's 5'6 frame as she chuckled. She was looking beautiful dressed down in black vest crop top, blue denim straight leg baggy jeans with black and gold sandals. She accessorized herself with a simple silver necklace and two matching silver bracelets.

Miyoko was petite and even though she didn't have much breast she had a bubble butt which was enough to work with. At only a hundred and twenty five pounds she had a figure like Naomi Campbell. Her legs were long and slender and she had a small waist with wide enough hips to cause attention to herself that she herself didn't know she got.

"Oh I'm sorry." She smiled, looking up at him with her arms still wrapped around his waist. "I just missed you is all." Her dimples sunk into her face while looking into his eyes.

"Yeah? You missed me? I missed you too, Goldi." He leaned down kissing her forehead.

She broke the hug with him and walked to the passenger side getting into the car. For some reason she was kind of nervous for Mina and her boyfriend to meet. It was kind of weird now calling Arlante her boyfriend because she never really had a boyfriend. He would be the first guy she's ever introduced and she just hoped her niece liked him as much as she did.

She did plan on him meeting Keena formally, but definitely not as soon as Amina. She could've been petty and not tell Keena anything and let her found out on her own but she kind of wanted to show off her man to her sister.

"You think she gone fuck with me?" Arlante asked, glancing over at the gps in the car.

Miyoko turned her head to look at him and nodded. "Of course why wouldn't she? You're the first guy I've ever introduced so that'll tell her how much I actually like and care about you. All she cares about is me finding happiness and if I got that then she's got it."

"Aight cool. So I ain't got nothing to worry about?"

"Nothing to worry about." She smirked, shifting her body to look at him. "What? Don't tell me you're scared of a Ten-year-old."