09 | "Feelings"

1994'

"You know how I am so excited and happy for you but I can't help but worry about you going down there by yourself." Amirah stressed as she watched Miyoko gather a suitcase full of her stuff with a tight smile on her face. Less than a day she had her flight to California and couldn't wait. It wasnt such a big thing to her at first when Amirah brought up her rapping, but now she was starting to see the good in everything. She had never been in an actual recording studio and it was like her first for everything was going to be in the big city of California.

She was staying in the extra room that Amirah had and didn't bother to decorate the place. She still had all her belongings in black bags since she decided to leave them like that, it was no point if she didn't know if she would be buying furniture.

"Mirah, you do not need to worry about me, I will be fine. It's not like I'm staying with him, I asked him to get me a hotel and and that's exactly what he did." Miyoko said as she thought to herself about the hotel she looked up that he referred her to.

He chose a four star hotel that had many options to it. Casinos, restaurants and nightclubs. Miyoko was shocked because she wasn't expecting it, a regular hotel was fine for her. She didn't care about all the extra-ness.

"It's not that it's just you being in a room full of niggas and-"

Miyoko let out a quick laugh as she turned around and placed a hand on her hip, looking at her friend. "You're being irrational, are you saying that because they're black men?"

"I don't give a fuck if they were black panthers, one girl in a room full of guys just don't sit right with me." Amirah justified for herself with a shoulder shrug.

"Okay then," Miyoko said, thinking to herself as she twisted her lips to the side. "How bout you do the honors of coming down there with me. I have no problem asking Arlante to pay for your ticket and room, I'll-"

"Hell no!" Amirah expressed in distraught, shaking her head quickly. "I don't need you asking no nigga to pay anything for me. You ask a nigga for a favor and you won't hear the last of that shit. It'd be like you owing them your life. It ain't never a good idea or that serious. I will just pay for my own ticket...which I already have." She revealed, causing Miyoko to squeal in excitement.

"I just knew you would do something like that, Mimi." Miyoko replied as she zipped up her suitcase. She always made sure to be prepared ahead of time in case she would remember about anything she forgot. She narrowed her eyes at Amirah then said, "You ain't gone start packing?"

"I still got a few hours besides I wanna hit the mall and get some new shit." She took a seat on the bed as Miyoko placed her suitcase by the wall. She was saying that as if time wouldn't roll by quicker than she thought.

Miyoko turned around to look at her friend. "New clothes for what? You have tons of clothes with the name tag still on it. Besides, it's not like the people in California have saw any of the clothes you already have."

"Well it's a habit for me to buy new clothes for a trip." Amirah replied coolly. "You think we gone make it back before Tuesday? It would be a damn shame for us to get fired before even working the job."

Miyoko touched the back of her neck as she leaned on the wall, forgetting all about the new job they just got. She really didn't care for the job but she wasn't going to sabotage getting fired just because she was featuring on U.N.I.T.Y's debut album. She still would have to face the real world after.

"I'm gonna take that as a no..."

Miyoko chuckled, "I didn't even say anything yet."

"Your face already told me what I needed to know."