Chapter 21

Valencia

Claire stood there with a gun in her hand pointing at me. Her eyes set on me as tears rolled down her cheeks. I laid on the ground seeing the anger and fury in those eyes. The obsession was taking over her. The madness had consumed her.

"I knew you were coming for me but I let it slide but not anymore. This has to end now." She sneered at me.

"You really think you can come here and destroy my world?" The words were full of nothing but anger.

"Claire, calm down," It was Hilda who called to her.

"Shut the hell up!" She screamed with her eyes on me and the gun never wavering away from me.

"Claire hear me. You don't need to do this." I looked at Alexandro who was trying to get close to her while Karl stood behind her.

"Get the hell away from me!" Claire saw through their plan. Waving away from me she pointed at them making sure that none of them came closer. Taking this as my opportunity I moved away from her crawling a bit. She was there scaring everyone, and I was getting up from where I was.

I knew I had to get away from her for my own safety. I was almost up when she saw me from the corner of her eyes. Moving fast I stood up only to hear a gunshot around me making me stand in shock. The bullet hit somewhere on the tree in front of me. It was a close call. Another foot here and there and that bullet would have hit me.

"Where do you think you are going?" She screamed.

I turned around slightly to see that the gun was aiming back at me. Everyone had taken a step away from her. Moving towards me spinning me around through my arm she held me, hostage, with the gun over my head. That bullet had shaken me up so bad that I couldn't run away. She had pulled my arm to my back making me hurt more than just shocked.

"Claire Don't do this! Stop with the craziness," Hilda yelled for her trying to come closer but with every step, she took forward Claire dragged me back.

"Stay the hell back or the next one would be you!" Claire snapped making my eyes go wide.

"I didn't care a damn about what she did to any of you but she should have hell stayed away from my business," she said jerking me and pulling my arm making me register the pain. The bodyguards looked at us with their hands on the gun.

"Don't you dare come anywhere near," She threatened everyone with the gun over my head. "Don't come near or else I will fry her brains out and especially you the bodyguards, One step closer I swear I will shoot her brains out."

"You could have burned this damn house with everyone but should have stayed a hell away from me and Alexandro." I could hear the madness in her voice and touch. She was no longer scared, that phase had passed. Now she was just angry and mad. I looked at everyone who now had fear in their eyes.

"Claire let her go. We are fine." Alexandro said from where he stood.

"I know that dear," her voice softened for a second. "But she will not let us be fine," the malice taking over.

"She will never let us be fine not until she is alive. I can not let us destroy us anymore. I know it well she isn't going to stop so I have to do it myself." She spoke as she pulled me to her.

"Claire stop with this madness." It was me who spoke this time. I saw her looking at me with the corner of my eyes. "You know it well that nothing is going to help you at all. Do you really think he would forgive what you both had done to him?" I tried to get off her with my words so she would lose control for a minute second and I could slip from her hold.

"Shut the hell up!" She shouted at me as she pulled on my arm painfully making me cry out in pain.

"I wasn't the one who did anything to him." She screamed at me. "It was Hilda who told me to do it." Her voice toned down and her eyes turned to Alexandro in front of me. However, the expression on Hilda's face told another story.

"It was her Alexandro who told me to do this. She was the one who came up with the plan to drug you. She gave me the drug. It was her who had been the reason behind why you and Valencia had fought that day." She tried to make Alexandro believe. In a moment she had shifted the whole blame on Hilda.

"Try to remember wasn't it about something that Hilda said that you had fought. If it wasn't for her the fight wouldn't have occurred. She was the one who had followed you to that bar and asked the bartender to put the drug in your drink." She told as if she was not the woman to be blamed for all of this. As if she hadn't done anything wrong. All she was trying to prove that she was the innocent party.

"She was the one who had done this. It was all her plan. It was her who had given me that pill for you to take. All I did was follow her directions." Her voice was calm as she wasn't handling a gun in her hand with it over my head.

"No no, don't you dare put this on me." Hilda woke up from her shock pointing the finger at her again.

"If it wasn't for your love for him I really wouldn't have done this at all. Do you really think I would have enjoyed doing this to my brother at all? It was all your pleading, and you had been the one to put the idea in my mind." she said coming forward. Gone was the long friendship that they both had relied upon. I was scared with how Claire had a gun over my head but I was enjoying seeing them with the way they were playing the blame game.

"How easily you had put the blame on me but wasn't it you who had dragged him to your room. mI might have gotten the drug, but it was you had compelled me to. If it wasn't for your pleading, I never would have done something like this!" She screamed at her taking steps toward her. No longer scared of what was happening. She was lost in the way fingers were pointed at her.

"Oh, really?" Claire laughed. "If it wasn't for you and your marriage to Karl, I wouldn't have been in this position, to begin with. You were the one who had told me that I would make a wonderful couple with Alexandro. You had been the one who had filled my mind with the thoughts of how good we were together. If only you wouldn't have married Karl, it wouldn't have come to this. You had promised that I would be the only sister-in-law you would ever have." Claire ripped off another secret.

"You promised me?" Alexandro asked perplexed. Everyone could see the disbelief in his eyes. Even I looked at him but I just wanted to scream at him to get aside because it was me who had a gun over her head.

"Oh, she freaking said that to me. Why do you think I was so obsessed with you? She had put that thought inside my mind when I became her friend. She fucking didn't let me date anyone because she wanted me to save myself for you!" She rubbed it in the face of her brother.

"Don't believe her. It was her, she was obsessed with you. She is lying." Hilda replied back over the accusations taking a step towards Alexandro.

"Oh, now it came to this. You are pushing me under the bus when all had come out. It was all you Hilda. If it wasn't for you, my life wouldn't have been in this mess." She yelled taking the gun away from my head. She was now pointing it at Hilda.

"She isn't the biggest problem in my life maybe it has always been just you." She pointed towards me as I pulled my head up scared that she wouldn't shoot me by mistake. Pulling her head up she pointed the gun once again but not at me this time but at Hilda.

"Maybe I should just end you and then her. All my problems will end and I could have my happily ever after as I thought it to be." Everyone's eyes widened at her words.

Hilda looked scared with the gun pointing at her. Before anything could be said the gunshot boomed taking my breath away.

Writer's Note

Sorry I couldn't update.

I had been a bit busy with some work but now I'm good with updates.

What do you think happened?

Who do you think got shot? Or did anyone really !