Chapter 63

Valencia

"Is she awake yet?" a feminine voice asked.

"No," I felt a hand caressing my cheek and I had no idea who it was. The voice seemed familiar but my mind was fucking hazy.

"Is she dead?"

"You would have been happy if she was," came the reply.

"I would be but it doesn't matter in the end she has to die for us to get everything." I was in pain, my arms were fucking burning. My wrist was tied. I was coming out from the dizzy haze. My body was becoming alert of its surrounding and itself.

"Don't tell me you got feelings for her?" that voice seemed familiar. I didn't know whose it was but there was a hint of familiarness to it. There was a silence that greeted my ears as I woke up from slumber.

What was the last thing that happened to me? I asked myself.

I could smell blood and dust.

The memories came flooding in the trucks, the collision, the guys. I jolt awake with all the memories flashing through my mind.

"She is awake," it was Viktor's voice. My eyes were still taking their pretty time to open but I knew the voices and the other voice was of sickly-sweet Sophia. The smell of her perfumes hit me and I wanted to puke. She had walked closer to me because her perfume was almost suffocating me.

"Welcome to your last moments my dear," she whispered in my ear with a slender finger moving up and down my arm. My eyes opened finally and that was I saw them.

The pain I suffered was nothing less of a bitch but I had worst.

"Get... your hands off me," I was parching. My voice strained due to the drug that was running in my system. Cillian, he had given it to them then it meant he was still alive and kicking. Fuck I didn't even know what it was but I didn't feel as sedated as it was supposed to be. I looked around trying to get a glimpse of how much time it had been. It was early morning when I was sitting in Demyan's office working my ass off clicking between computers.

How much time had passed?

"She still has got that bitchiness in her," Sophia's thick Russian accent just pissed me off. Her too pristine white blouse and pants just made me want to color them read.

"Sophia take a step back," my eyes turned toward Viktor and they were staring at me. I looked past behind him at the window it was still bright which meant it was somewhere around evening and not night till yet. I took in the surrounding without losing Viktor out of my sight. It was a warehouse of some kind. Fuck I should have explored more of Russia than New York in the last two years.

"Why she is all tied up?" she mocked taking a step closer to me.

"And she has killed enough people being tied up," I chuckled at his words. The man had the audacity to smirk at me.

"You were the one who taught me that. Did you teach your doll that technique?" I mocked him as my hands were already gripping on the rope testing how tight the knots were, and what kind of material the rope was. The chair I was sitting on was plastic but hard plastic. Choosing metal and light plastic was smart of them but anything could be used as a weapon.

"Really doll," she laughed at my words. "I was raised to be a princess but I know how to kill," she came closer and bent down so she could be face-to-face with me. I just smiled at her. This woman didn't hear at all. I spit on her face and before she could react I head-butted her in the nose making her fall on the floor in front of me. My head throbbed but the way she fell on her ass was worth it. Oh, and I had just added some color to her pristine white blouse.