Chapter 4

Valencia

I walked inside the small bakery filled with the aromatic smell of vanilla and chocolate being prominent. The bakery was flowing with the chatter of the customers. What a bad thing that I can't enjoy the cakes and pastries, I have important things to care of. I had informed Nana that a guest who would be joining us for dinner. I don't think anyone would be in a mood to eat the dinner when our guest opens her mouth, I had told this Nana also but believe me all I got was narrowed eyes from her. She had tried her best to pry it out of me who the guest is but I told her that all will be known by the night. Do I hate myself for what I was going to do? Having any second thoughts? Nope everyone deserved what was coming to them.

Dr. Elisa sat on a table at the back of the bakery. She looked nervous, a bit scared and lost but she dressed in the best, perfect for a family dinner. Well, she should be she had done this horrendous thing just for mere pennies. With the folder safely tucked in my bag, I strode towards her table. Without introducing myself I sat down on the seat in front of her.

"Hello Dr. Elisa," I greeted to have her look at me with fear in her eyes.

"You were the one who called?" She asked with uncertainty. I replied to her with a smirk.

"What do you want from me?" I took out the file from my bag and spread it out on the table for her to see. Her eyes grew into the size of saucers. Snapping herself out from her shock her fearful eyes met mine.

"You see the name down there on the file Dr. Elisa, Hilda Crawford. Well, she is my sister-in-law. You see I hadn't been gone and when I come back I see too many sins being committed. So I thought it would be so much better to just remove the blindfold from everyone eyes. With a little cooperation from you, I think it would be possible." She listened to each and every word of mine carefully. I leaned towards her on the table.

"I also think you will cooperate with me as I want Dr. Elisa. What you do is illegal but the fact where you live and your clinic is located I think you will have people after you trying to kill you, hurt you, raising you to the platform of a monster. Your daughter and husband will hate you but not your son I think. He too had brought a girl to you, for having an abortion." The last words came out as a whisper, for her ears only.

"You are catholic Dr. Elisa. A well-reputed one in your neighborhood and church. Think about the consequences your family will have to face if I let the file of what you do out for everyone eyes. Your daughter will lose her friends, be shunned off, bullied and hated and Your husband will not just lose all his business but even the status in the society and for your son, I don't know what will happen when the parents of that girl come to know of it. In the end, maybe the last resort left for them is to leave you alone and run away from here or to leave this world with pain in their heart. It would be you who would be responsible for their death. Would you like to live with such guilt while rotting in jail? You can let your family and you be saved from all this just by doing what I ask you to as. simple. as. that." She was not the verge of crying. Her eyes were welled with tears. She was scared, fear prominent on her face and the best of all, she was right under my thumb where I wanted her to be.

"What do I have to do?" She asked and I answered by taking out another file out of my bag with a pen. Taking out the legal paper, I presented in front of her to sign.

"This here states that if you ever do another abortion that is illegal and not ordered by the court, all of the illegal activities you have done will be published in the local newspaper the very next day. I have told you the consequences already if that happens. It is not a hoax Dr. Elisa it is. I will be having eyes on you and if you ever went back to your illegal habits I would be the first one to destroy you." I informed her with anger in my voice.