Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Valencia

My eyes fluttered open, and all I saw was white.

Concentrating on the white I realized it was just the ceiling.

"She is awake now," I heard a female voice. Turning my head, I saw Natalia standing near me. I opened and closed my eyes for a minute to clearly see her.

"Hey, girl how are you feeling?" She said coming closer to me. I was in my room on my bed. The pain in my arm had me reminded of what had happened.

"Did I get shot more than my arm?" I asked the last memory still a blur.

"No you fainted idiot," she sat beside me on the bed as she looked in her phone. "Though I surely had fun shooting that crazy woman." Her words instantly brought up my last memory. Natalia had shot Claire in the legs. Taking a gulp, I remembered the gun in her hand. She had shot her. We were models, not someone who held guns.

"You shot her," I said to her in utter shock. All this time I have been around them I had never seen a gun in their hands. Even in Demyan's. He had a company that manufactured arms and ammunition. I had never seen him use one or even Zach. He was a businessman and not a mobster but yet she had been the one to shoot.

"You know how to shoot. How?" I asked turning slightly towards her. She gave me one of my wicked smiles.

"I learned it in Russia. My uncle and cousin taught me," it felt like she was proud of the accomplishment. "I was just sixteen then. It was the first time I had been there and yeah it was freaking outstanding. But I should tell you though that I had never used it on a human being until today." I just stared at her for a few seconds almost shocked.

"I had never needed to use it until yet but as I was traveling by myself this time so I bought it. There was no thought of me using it but see it came in handy to save you, girl." She looked quite happy about this.

"Well, now, I know who to punish for that." I heard him and looked around to find him standing leaning against the closed door.

"Don't," I heard Natalia plead. She wasn't happy about something.

"You are no longer going to Russia alone ever again. I think our uncle would love to tell me why did he teach a sixteen-year girl that." He sighed as he said this. He looked dis helmed and pissed off at the same time as he leaned against the door with his eyes closed.

"I literally forgot you were here." She sighed. "But you know this helped us in saving Valencia from that crazy woman or else something terrible might have happened." She reasoned. "I mean that four-five guard of yours wasn't able to keep her safe, but I was able to save her."

"Shut up Natalia." He dismissed her sister, and I rolled my eyes. Really, a good way to tell the people you love to keep quiet.

"The truth always hurt." She played with her phone as she spoke those words. I just breathed a sigh that I was damn alive.

"Do you really think I would have let this happen? Is that what you want to say." I didn't hear him walking our way. He plucked the phone right out of Natalia's hand and stared at her.

"You came here unannounced in an economy flight. Now you tell me you carried a gun with you above it all." He lashed out.

"Besides this, I had to deploy all of my best on-hand guards towards you in the hotel you were staying to have you under the safety nest. I left her unguarded with the low-level guards because I had to take care of you. If you really ask if it wasn't for your reckless act, I don't think anything would have come to this. I wouldn't have hurt her and more than that she wouldn't have been hurt. So, let's make it clear who is the wrong here between both of us." He was pissed I could hear it as he raged out. As he stared into Natalia's eyes, I could feel the anger rolling out of him. He looked so dangerous that it might have been a sin to look like him.