Chapter 36

Demyan

Looking at the people around gathered in the church to join me in my happiness on my beautiful day of marriage, that was just fucking shit.

None of these fuckers were here to be happy. They were there out of courtesy just to be in my good books. I was the son of the eldest son of the Pakhan, the heir of the Bravata but I couldn't claim it earlier. I had to grow strong, find my roots back, prove myself that I was worthy of my position, that I wasn't a week kid or a runner.

After this marriage was done with I would be able to reclaim my position. The position, that has always meant to be mine but wasn't all because of my mother.

She was weak and couldn't take this life even when she had grown in it. Six months earlier when I had started to grow tired of being unable to find Ivan I had come to know the truth. The Pakhan was my father's younger brother. Never had I come to know of it because it was something that no one should have known off. In order to save the family's name, it was done and over. If anyone ever came to know that the eldest daughter-in-law of the family had run away there would have been nothing but disgrace over the family.

The truth was that my father had been the one who had killed my mother. My father had gone after Ivan to punish him for his betrayal but had ended up being killed himself. Ivan had killed him and that was the only reason I wanted to kill him. However, it wasn't the only reason I wanted to kill him, his men had also killed Valencia and my child too.

But the question if she had been lived would her fate have been any other always haunted me. I just wanted to avenge her death for some deep sick reason inside deep in my heart. She died all alone and I could never know what happened to her. Where she was? How they took her? I had searched for her everywhere but there was nothing I could find out. She was taken away from me while her mother was having one of her episodes.

The intel that her mother had been in contact with Ivan had enraged me. I had taken their lives because I knew her family had never been good to her. Karl was left punished for his mother's crimes by running away for the rest of his life while it had been who had killed both of his parents. The blood of theirs will always be in my hand and so will be of Valencia and our child.

"Everyone's here," Zach informed me taking me out of my memories. He was my best man and also Natalia's husband. When I had been going crazy out of my mind for Valencia he had told me that he was the man meant to be Natalia's husband. I had almost killed him when he had told me this but more than that I had beaten him to shit when he told me Natalia was pregnant.

A few phone calls later everything was clear but Zach had ended up in hospital and Natalia had been mad at me. Everything had hit me hard. Valencia was gone, Zach was nothing but a spy over me but also the man I had promised my sister to and Natalia was pregnant.

I nodded to him as I stood in place.

Natalia sat there with my nephew. I looked at her smiling and laughing. At least one of us was happy because I don't know what was happiness for me in the first place. My thoughts went straight to Valencia thinking about how old our kid would have been.

The bridal music had my eyes tear away from both of them and the depressing thoughts.

This was the future I had chosen for me and this shall be it.

Looking forward I saw the glimpse of white and looked at Sofia. She was beautiful in her waist-length blonde hair up in a bone, an hourglass figure, and brown eyes. All over she was the perfect wife, subtle, polite, and sophisticated. However deep down my eyes searched for the crazy woman that had been once in my life and her green eyes.