Chapter 35 (The Past)

Three years earlier

Valencia

The clock in the dimly lit room was driving me crazy for the last three hours. It was torture.

I wanted to break the clock down but it was secured in an iron net frame. With every ticking second, I would wait for a minute to pass on. Not knowing that how much time had passed would have been a better choice but passing every minute was difficult.

The iron cast bed with the distraught mattress didn't provide me with anything. There was a bathroom that made me puke every time I visited. Few broken teeth's and blood in the corner scared me out of my wits. I had hold of going to the bathroom as long as I could but it was impossible to hold back after a moment. I had to relive my bladder and puke.

The scent of the room was nothing less of a rotting basement and piss.

It had been almost three days since I had been here as a prisoner. All I had got was a water bottle and a slice of bread followed by some pills once a day. I had been hesitant but after being held a riffle between my eyes I understood it well that I had to take it.

I was scared for my child than more for me. The feeling of being helpless was gnawing at me from the inside.

Every ticking second scared me more and more.

All I wanted was me and my child to live. I wanted nothing else.

I had cried for hours and hours but my cries were never heard of or ignored.

There was no window, nothing and every tick of that clock suffocated me. The door had no handle and in desperation, I had even sat near it rather than on the bed to feel I wasn't alone. Sometimes I would hear footsteps and bang on the door, yelling and screaming to let me out.

It was of no avail. My throat was raw from all the screaming every day, but I still didn't want to lose hope. I was willing to beg, cry and do anything to save me and my child.

The click of the door had me standing up from near the door. I never know what could come next. I was living on the edge like a scared dog. These men didn't waiver away from using guns. The blood-curdling screams that I heard last night shook me up.

I hear a screeching sound. A chair was being dragged to the center of the room by a masked man. I hadn't seen a face ever since I was here.

The room filled with bright light. For the first time I had a looked at my room and a scream left my lips. The walls that were once white were covered with splatters of blood. It was a horror that I had never seen. Every corner had splattered blood. Old blood. I couldn't stop myself the contents of my old food were out on the floor.

"Isn't it beautiful?" My eyes snapped towards the door. It was the first face I had seen in the last three days.

"So many stories to tell," I remembered his voice.

My little bride.

Those were the words from my last memory. It was him, those grey eyes last thing I was his.

"Who are you?" I stuttered. With every step he took into the room I took one back deeper in the room. He was lean build but the way he carried himself in the room, the expression over his face screamed nothing but the devil and dangerous. He scared me with each step he took.

"That's for you to decide, Valencia." He stopped by the chair with a hand hovering over it. His eyes set on mine.

"Let me guide you to your options." Rather than sitting down, he dragged down the chair to where I was slowly, but his eyes had me pinned to the wall. My back hit the wall and I felt like a lamb caught in a corner. His lips tilted upward in a smirk, enjoying this.