Chapter 3

Valencia

The music blasted too loud in the gym as my feet hit the treadmill. I loved the music and knew well enough that it was far too loud and not at all of the same taste that anyone in this house liked. Well, my intention was for others to lose their beauty sleep. I had taken the liberty to wake up far too early after the ass kissing apologizing to Nana last night and blast the speakers inside the gym with music none like. She has forgiven me but warned me to not ever do that or she will treat me like she treats my mother. She had reminded me that she has raised me better. However, I have asked her to please listen to me when I ask her to go. she doesn't need to the vile creature I had become.

Sweat stick all over my body made remind of other times when I was sweaty. Times that I have taken a break from, left behind. I had thought so many times before coming here was it all worth all. After so long I knew it was. Betrayals and too many lies had blinded some people and in the influence of those, they lost me. I was so engrossed in my running and thoughts that I didn't notice the presence of someone else in the room. He was just there on the other side of the room doing weights. The blue-eyed man who was my first date, kiss, love, and lover. I looked at him with hooded eyes. He was a part of me, one part that when taken from me left me with nothing. He was more to me than my family. I weaved a dream of happy future with him, a forever. It collapsed into nothing. My love for him was far greater than I loved myself and it got destroyed into tiny pieces having themselves flown out with the wind. Knowing that I couldn't concentrate anymore I put my run to an end. It was of no use.

I cleaned off the sweat with a towel and on the way out when his voice stopped me. Two and a half years since I last heard his voice. Three years since I last saw his face and 40 months since I last saw love in his eyes for me.

"Why are you back?" His voice still the same, sexy enough to make anyone's insides melt. I turned around and looked at him with a raised brow. Same blue eyes I fell in love with now stared at me with coldness meant for intimidating me, to scare me. Well, nothing worked on me. He didn't have any rights to ask me that question.

"Have you developed a hearing problem, I told last night why I'm here. If you have some hearing problem I know a great doctor who could help you out. Want me to make the appointment?" Did he really think that I would give him any special answer?

"Cut the bullshit! I know that is not the real reason you could have come a year back. You turned twenty-one last year. you could have come back then but why now?" He exasperated.

"With what rights do you ask me these questions Huh?" Striding towards him I stood face to face with him. "Who are you to ask me these questions? My family or my boyfriend?" I taunted.

"You haven't got no fucking right," I spoke slowly and dangerously to him. "You are nothing but a charity case living in this house with that pathetic excuse of a wife of yours."

"Valencia!!" He shouted.

"Don't you dare shout at me" I roared with my eyes burning with anger.

"Truth hurts like a blade through your heart Alexandro. I'm no more that pathetic girl that I was three years back. You and your wife are just charity living over the fruits of the wealth my grandparents built. You are a pathetic piece of shit who couldn't build himself a home. Don't you have any shame that you live with your wife in the house of your brother-in-law and his family?" I asked with a quirked brow. Not waiting for him to answer I taunted him.

"Oh, I forgot, you sold it to the devil in exchange for luxuries and other things in life. Well, This is my house too. I own most of the things now Alexandro from the company too much more. There is too much wealth and I own fifty-one percent of it while my dearest father and brother weep for the leftover forty-nine percent. So both of them can't say and do shit if I kick you out of the house. So don't dare to shout or raise your voice with me or you will be out of the house with that bitch of a wife of yours right then and there. I really don't think that your pathetic wife would really want to get out of this house." I taunt and turned around to walk out of there. He was a pathetic man with no shame. I really didn't want to waste my breath on him. When the time comes he will pay as well as his wife. However, the worst will happen to him and when it comes I will stand there and watch him fall down the wagon.