Chapter 41

Valencia

We were both staring at each other. His eyes were set on me as the doctor wrapped up the part where I had put the glass shard in.

I felt a part of me getting satisfied as I stabbed him. I craved for his blood and soul. I hadn't planned this but the way he was staring it craved the bitter part in me to make him bleed. We all have a monster in us and he had brought out the one in me.

Natalia and Zach stood side by side staring at me but I didn't mind. I was the most dangerous here in this room because they had played right into my hand. I had kept myself in a corner on the bed. It was just three of us and the doctor.

"It's going to take time to heal. The stab was a bit deeper." The doctor told as he packed up his supplies. Demyan pulled on his sleeves painfully and I devoured the minute painful expression on his face.

"It was a stab filled with all the hatred," he replied as he stared at me. What he said was right because there was nothing inside of me rather than hatred.

"You should have been careful," Zach piqued in as he stared at me. I saw something in his face for a moment which was recognition before it disappeared. I could read people with the back of my hand and I know what I saw before his face went blank.

"I know," Demyan's eyes were set on me. While others were seeing me as nothing but a rabid animal there was a softness in Demyan's eyes that made me want to stab him again.

The stabbing was surely not the plan but I just couldn't control myself from acting. Only if this man had not sorted me out maybe then I wouldn't have been in this mess, to begin with, but there was no need for me to dwell in the past ifs and if not's.

"Where am I?" My voice was barely a whisper as I asked. I could have won an Oscar with such amazing acting skills.

"You are in Russia," it was Natalia who spoke up. I looked at them with a surprise on my face.

"Rus...si..a," I stuttered.

"Yes, Russia. What is the last place you remembered?" She asked making me draw my eyes to her. I tried to show if I was deep in my thought but I was just thinking about the clock that had started ticking. I had seven days to destroy them and bring them to end.

"Maybe New York or Boston," with tears in my eyes I stared at them. "They had me moving to places but I don't remember which places. I don't know much more than the dark rooms they ... kept.. m..e in," my lips trembled showing it as it was a painful memory.

"They rarely let me out in the sunlight and that too was in a room where all I could see.... was... grass...," sobbing I held myself tighter moving my eyes away from them. Theatrics.

"What happened to the child?" Demyan's voice hit my ear. I heard the rustling of the sheets and before I could even turn to see, Demyan's hands were on my arms.

"What happened to our child?" he repeated as his hold on my arm grew a bit tighter.

"I... don't know," his eyes stared at me as I sobbed out the words.

"What do you mean?" he asked in urgency with desperation in his voice. I wanted to stab him just again for the concern this bastard was showing for our child.

"They to...k it when it.. was born," I paused. "I never......got to ho..ld my.. child." My fake tears never stopped. Thanks to you Demyan, I learned how to be a freaking drama queen. His arms left mine and he cursed out. My eyes turned to Natalia who had her set of tears in her eyes. Now she had tears in her eyes, what a two-faced woman she was. Zach on the other hand stood there as if nothing had happened.