Chapter 65

Valencia

My daughter. The words coming through his lips made me want to reach for his tongue and cut it out. However, a knife against my throat and his words had me calculating my next step. The dust settling made it easier for me to see Demyan standing not too far away with something round in his head.

Viktor's knife pressed deeper over my throat pricking my skin, maybe he thought that I was scared. He knew it well that my daughter was someone I would have given my life for but did he know my daughter?

"Killing me won't solve any of your issues, Viktor," my words come out strained. The beads of blood seeped through where the knife was pushing on my neck.

"I know it won't but I would like to have you under my thumb. She is my only ticket of getting out of here alive," his arm wrapped around my abdomen pulling me with him. I wanted to compliment him for thinking that this would work, like making me his prisoner would. "I know you can get out of my hold any time but you would be bleeding and you won't be able to save your daughter. Only I know where she is."

"And who is this person who is going to carry out your orders?" Demyan's voice was loud and clear. I saw him approaching us, the crunching sound of debris under his feet was making Viktor squirm as I felt the pressure of the knife against my neck. Viktor had lost my trust, lost a part of his men, and also his right-hand man, Cillian. Now he was all alone with his men who would desert him in the end was my pretty guess. No one likes to be with a loser and Viktor's behavior was nothing less than that.

"Supposedly not him," Demyan spoke as he raised something in his hands. I stilled realizing what it was.

"For years, I had trusted him. Since the beginning, he was beside me but I had never thought he would do something like this," I felt Viktor going rigid behind me as he realized what Demyan was talking about.

"Zach, your little mole or partner, I don't know what to call him but here is his head for you," he threw it out as if it was a ball. It was a disgusting site and even though I have killed many seeing his head rolling like that made me want to puke.

"You are all alone now. Until you consider Sophia of some help which she is not," Demyan laughed at him manically. This was the side of him that I had seen a few times. The manic, crazy, and the dangerous one. I saw a glimpse of the man with whom I had once fallen in love. The movement to my side had my turn to the left. Cillian walked towards us so casually as he was fucking strolling.

The shrieking screams of a woman from behind us had Viktor turning. Natalia was covered in blood as she dragged Sophia by her hair. Her screams echoed through the walls. Viktor's men were being captured by a sea of men Demyan had brought with him. Gunshots were going off in the background as men fought with each other.

"Stop screaming," Natalia's voice was hoarse as she screamed at the top of her lungs shaking her wildly as if she was a fucking doll.

"You and your brother have ruined fucking everything." She slapped her hard as she stood a few feet away from us. Sophia's screams came to a halt and I could see that Natalia was no longer the gentle woman that she portrayed. I could see a version of me in her image, the bloodthirsty one.

"I think you should let her go, Viktor," Cillian spoke standing there with a gun in his hand which he fucking used to scratch his forehead.

"You won't kill me that easily," Viktor turned me around like a rag doll to face Demyan. "Unless you don't want your daughter back at all."

"Why don't you show Valencia what a bastard you are by killing me?" He let go of the knife against my neck for just a few seconds and I saw my opening. With the heel of my leg, I snubbed his foot, he was distracted and in his distraction, I snatched the knife from his hand. His loose on my waist weakened and within seconds I was out of his grasp almost stepping over Zach's head. Demyan caught me at the right time but his pushing me behind him just pissed me off.