Chapter 53

Valencia

A day had passed since the reality has set into me. I had been able to sort everything out but the motive behind Demyan's uncle and my half-brother, Cillian to work together. Besides that, there were things that Demyan's uncle had spoken about that I had no idea about.

If my father knew about the plans all along why didn't he try to fight me off or Viktor?

He died from my hands even when he knew all along who I was. Why die? The words Cillian had uttered before knocking me out were on my mind too. That was the part that I didn't understand at all but I knew well that I wasn't safe in the hands of Viktor and neither was my child.

I could smell the whole of Sophia on him and the way he took that tone with me, that was the undoing. I felt like until now I had been trapped under a spell by him and that spell had now broken off. The magic cast over me now vanished and I could see things so clearly.

All the stories he fed me were lies. Mistreatment towards him never took place. Like a fool, I had believed in those lies he had trapped me in. The innocent souls he had made me kill and hurt made me want to hurt myself. I could never go back to the path I came from. All the things I did. The way I killed my biological father was high on the idea of revenge and justice.

There was no justice in what I did and there was never going to be. The revenge I had thought for so long was nothing but a ploy to bury me six feet under with others. The mastermind of the whole plan had died at my hands though. I knew Elijah was the one who had brewed all kinds of rubbish for sure. He was the man who was playing both sides.

In one place he had his son's future set by having Natalia wrapped around Zach's finger. On the other hand, he had his daughter trap both men. Demyan and Viktor are both in love with the same woman. However, I was sure that in this whole mess there was one person who everyone wanted dead for sure. Demyan had a place in everyone's plan.

I could see it. Elijah wanted to eat his cake and have it too. His original plan had always been to be in the power. He was going to run everything from behind. He knew one place for his son was always set for him. However, there could be only one ruler in the kingdom. The strongest will rule and the other has to die.

Elijah took no chances and he didn't just help Demyan but he did help Viktor too. I was sure about it. Demyan was strong until he grew weak. A queen makes the king the strongest but how could Demyan be strong when he was losing his control? Demyan turned weaker and Viktor made him weak. His love for Sophia might be something stronger than any bond because he was crossing all boundaries for it but he forgot that I would cross all boundaries for the safety of my child.

Looking at my face in the mirror I smiled. How pathetic of me to be used in this game of his? he wanted me to kill Demyan in the name of revenge so he could blame it on me and with him out of his way his next target would have been me and he would have set his people off to kill me telling that I was the evil who killed Demyan and filtered his mind. In the end, it was he and Sophia who were going to reign with Natalia surviving with Zach for the sake of her child.

But Elijah was dead and now they were on their own and I was the biggest enemy.

It was time to make my move. Walking towards the door I opened it and just as I thought, a pair of guards were standing there.

"I would like to see Demyan," I said in a dim voice. I didn't wait for any reply just moved ahead in the hallway with both of them following me. I knew Zach and Sophia had left the house. Natalia had gone with them both with her little boy. She was now my eyes on them. Last night she had come to my room with food and a lot of stress. Ever since she had come to know the truth about her husband she had been a bit shaken up just like I was once. The only difference between her and me was that I had run away with a kid still growing inside of me but she had one in her arms. There was no way she could run now.