Chapter 29

Valencia

"No," He gave a single answer and then taking the napkin from the table cleaned himself up. He looked angry, but yeah didn't say anything. I breathed a sigh of relief as I heard that.

Fucking gross just to think of it.

"He isn't your half-brother because he is Demyan and Natalia's father just on the papers. He had run off to here, by coaxing her." He told as he looked at the mess I had made.

"Sorry about the coffee," I said, looking away from him as he wiped himself up with a scowl. Yeah, he wasn't soaked or drenched it was just a bit of splatter on his shirt and a bit on the face.

"Explain it to me clearly and please no guessing game. I'm getting a headache." I told him clear cut. He on the other hand took my coffee away from me and even water.

"I don't trust you to not splatter the rests of your food on me. Don't try to eat and spat it out at me for the next fucking hour." He warned me off and I just looked away. It wasn't like I wanted to do that, but the shit he said.

"Now as I told you, you might be the daughter of Ivan Petruska but no you aren't related to blood by Demyan or Natalia not even being cousins related. I have my bet on that you might be Ivan's daughter or else Demyan would have never gone for you." I just heard him and tried to process the fact that my mother was a whore but the knowledge was not something new to me.

"Okay so my father, this Ivan guy ran off with this woman Annika who was pregnant and Demyan and Natalia aren't related to me by blood or even name I guess." I was trying to put all of this together. I had a lot of shit going on and this was a huge dump of fucking truth over me.

"Ivan had coaxed Annika when she was pregnant with a baby girl to come here for a better life free from violence. Ivan was passed off as an illegitimate son of one head of the bravta, the Russian mafia. Because of the lack of paternity test back then, there was no way of knowing if it was the truth or not. He wasn't really going to get much because he was illegitimate, but it worked for him for his plan. In reality, he wasn't his son, he was a-" I just stared at him as he told the story. There was no interest of mine in hearing this long story.

"Zach cut through the chase. If I wanted to hear a story, I would have picked a book." I snapped at him. The more time he wasted only telling me this sad story the less time I had to build myself up.

I had never thought about the shit Zach had dumped on me.

My Demyan was sadly not my Demyan.

Natalia wasn't my best friend.

My father wasn't my father.

I wanted to sit in a corner and cry over these things. Yes, I wanted to do it but I couldn't because as much easy it was it wasn't going to solve any problems. For me, it was a fight-or-flight situation, and I was going to get the fucking out of this shit. More than that, I had a baby to think of no thanks to the man who got me pregnant.

I had felt love and to know it was all fake and not real it broke me. It hurt deep down. The trust I had placed in love was gone. I wanted to break all the crockery and scream at him, but I had channeled all my hurt and pain towards understanding the mess that I was deep neck in.

Once this over, I would have a lot of time to lick my wounds and heal them. The baby wouldn't stop growing and I had to be out of this mess or run away from the claws that dug deep inside of me before it comes into the world.

"Why can't you just listen to what I'm telling!" There was anger in his eyes, but like hell, I cared.

"Zach, Demyan is going to ask where we were and what took us so much time. You have dumped a lot of truths on me and I have the one who has to go and sleep in the bed with him so yeah spare me all the dirty details for another time." I snapped as I felt myself breaking on the edge with where this was going. He stared at me for another minute. Really? Did he have a screw loose?

"He wants to use you to lure your biological father out to get take revenge over his parent's death then he would kill you too because drain out all the blood of Ivan from this world which includes you too." Staring at him I just wanted to break something the fuck up.

"He has already killed your real half-brother, so it's Ivan and you on his list next." I banged my close fist on the table, making all the crockery jump, looking away from him. Fates and life were fucking with me.

They really were shitting with, weren't they? What a fucking twisted story I had?

"What about the baby?" I asked, thinking that maybe he wasn't this cruel. Maybe there was hope to get out from this unscathed.

"A trick to lure Ivan out too, he is riding on the thought that Ivan would be ecstatic to hear this and would contact you. In the end, he or she is going to die with you, eventually. It's his way of telling all his people that he is true to his roots and word." I rubbed my head from the headache I felt. It was a disaster. My hand unconsciously went to my belly thinking about the living being that was going to grow.

Demyan's face splashed in front of me and I couldn't believe what Zach had told me. It couldn't be all of this. He wouldn't do that. All through the time I had been with them, there had been nothing to incline that he hated me or my blood. There was nothing, ever. How could he hate me when he was sleeping right next to me and making love to me?

"Do you have any proof about all this shit you spewed on me?" Now it came down to facts what he had, really. "You could be making all of this up to get me your side or hurt Demyan." I reasoned because I wanted this to be a bad dream deep down.

This day wasn't supposed to start this way. Not even yesterday has gone as I had planned. Now, this was what was really happening. I needed proof that this was even true.

All I had this man's word and he might be just using me. Maybe Demyan was behind all this to check on me, to check my loyalty.

That has got to be it or why else would Zach jump out of the blue and tell everything.

"I don't have much right now," I didn't let him complete.

"Then get me some in two days or I would be the one telling Demyan this all together?" I didn't see him flinch or scared. "I would be visiting the hospital again so if you have got any proof bring them with you or it's the end of the story."

It was as if he was at ease. I so desperately wanted this to be nothing but a game plan of Demyan.

Maybe I could be right, or I would be the one running to save my life.

Getting out after placing an amount for the food, I got into my car and drove without him.

All I needed was to stay calm for the next two days, which was never going to be easy. In the end, one of the trusts would be broken, either his on me or mine on him.

Who do you think is playing whom? Is this Ivan really existing?

Is that's Demyan plan or Zach's made-up story?

Let's see you in the next chapters to find out the truth.

Stay tuned for another revelation, but this one is from Alexandro.

What would it be?

Any guesses