Chapter 16: Believe

Finn's pov:

My stomach churned to the point of discomfort, stopping dead at my tracks when I'm about to head to the living room. Then I heard a small cry of help coming from somewhere in my head.

By the more I wait, the more I recognize the voice. A gasp escaped passed my lips... "Millie!"

I teleported to set, my heart beating in a rapid pace and my breathing heavy "Millie! Millie where are you!" I run around the set when I heard Millie's voice coming from outside.

Bolting out,teleporting my way to the cliff where I heard the sound came from. I reached the place and just like that Millie's finger slip and she's falling.

I slid on my knees thankfully I wore jeans to prevent my skin to scrape, quickly peeking down the cliff to see Millie free falling her eyes closed. I quickly reached out my hand without another second thought to her direction trying to control my breathing to manage my abilities.

The water shot through the air, catching Millie gently at the middle and I sighed of relief keeping my arm up maneuvering it to elevate to the level of the cliff.

Sitting on my butt, I landed Millie beside me, water flowing and down again to the lake.

Millie kept her eyes shut close, standing still. "Mills?" I spoke in a gentle tone.

She was soaking wet. (If you ask why Finn didn't just used telekinesis, well it's because I'm like completely recreating the scene of stranger things on the quarry)

She slowly opened her eyes. Then a realization hit me... 'Shit, shit shit.' I took a deep breath.

Her mouth parted in surprise while I look up at her speechless form, "H- w-what?" She spoke her voice trembling.

Searching my head to say something 'C'mon Finn! say something before she freak's out!' I remembered something.

I stood up abruptly looking to left and right standing in front of Millie to protect her from a possible assasination.

Sighing in relief I lowered my hands back to my sides. "Finn?" I heard Millie spoke from behind me and I closed my eyes shut knowing where this will go.

I spun on my heels opening my mouth to speak "Before you ask Mills, I promise I won't hurt you and will never, not even in a million years, so please just trust me. And yes I'm not I am that you thought I was, Yes I hid it because someone might get hurt" I rambled nervously

She looked up at me in a surprisingly calm but stiff expression "I know you won't hurt me, i-it's just that..." She trailed off disbelief expression forming on her features.

I don't blame her, a freak just saved her from falling. I would be scared if she didn't react surprised or scared even.

"Am I dreaming?" She continued.

Looking around, debating on what to say "Well uh..." I scratched the back of my neck "technically no. But! you can forget about it!" I quickly added in.

She blinked a few times "Do you think I could just forget about my near death? and your power!?" She exclaimed.

Shaking my head furiously, "No no no... I didn't mean it like that, I-I just think it's better to be f-forgotten" I stammered.

Staring straight at me, she spoke "Well I can't forget about it Finn, not even in a million years" I sighed "But I'm gonna keep my mouth shut, cause I can just see that you don't want anyone to know about your... power" She added in and I smiled grateful.

"Thank you Mills"

"But... How!?" She exclaimed loudly and I winced a bit, she noticed this and apologized.