Chapter 22: Golden

General pov:

Jeloma stood outside his cottage in shock by how many people are roaming around the town.

Suddenly an old woman... Liliana, came forth and stopped before Jeloma's slightly bending form, Leaning down, holding a cane.

"Greetings, You must be Jeloma. I am Liliana Delani." Liliana introduced herself first, her hand in front of her for him to shake, noticing that he can not be able to form words for a few more seconds.

He reluctantly shaked her hand in response still speechless before forming words in his head to finally speak his mind, "I'm not sure who you are... But what are you all doing here?"

She sighed, looking around the town where some of the Halagan town's people roamed around while some just stood straight and the children on either their dad or mom's side standing.

"We came here to help." Said Liliana, looking back at him, her tone stern and clear.

Jeloma's features turned to a shocked expression as a gasp escaped past his lips, a sudden realization struck him. "Are you all from kingdom Halagan?" He asked for confirmation and Liliana only nodded confirming his question.

"Well half of us, atleast...Some just don't want to do it." She added deeply sighing after, thinking about those blind people, too scared to fight back against Ovonel.

She doesn't blame them though...It is quite terrifying to fight back to a person much powerful than you.

He nodded, understanding the situation, "I suppose you people stood your ground."

"My son did it first..." I spoke with gentleness.

He tilted he's head in confusion, looking around before asking, "May I ask where he is?"

She let out deep breathe, "He's being held in probably a dungeon right now and I can't do anything about it...I don't know what he is going through right now." Her tone suddenly became wavery.

Jeloma noticed this, "He seems to be a great man... I would be honored to meet him someday."

"He is...But our reason here is to follow his words, and so we are willing to help whatever goes down." She spoke more professionally now.

Jeloma nodded, then adressed her to step in the cottage. "Gergahi!" He called out for the man that soon also entered the cottage and with the same surprised expression present in his facial features.

"Uh...Yes general?" He asked standing on the side of the doorway, shifting his gaze back and forth to the lady that was standing infront of the now situated Jeloma on his seat behind the table.

Gergahi gave him a confused expression as to why there are multiple unfamiliar faces around town. "Gergahi, this is Liliana Delani..." He trailed off.

Gergahi waited for him to finish, "She's from Halagan, and so is the other people outside."

Gergahi's eyes automatically widened in alarm at the mention of Halagan, his bow now in position infront of him, pointing to Liliana but not shooting.

"No!, Gergahi... She's here to help us." Jeloma hurriedly stood up and blocked Gergahi's arrow from shooting the woman.

The younger man looked at him in complete shock then to the woman that peaked behind Jeloma that's clearly nonplussed by his actions. nontheless, he lowered his bow, "I- uh- wha-" Gergahi stumbled over his words, not knowing what to say.

"They're here to help us." The older man repeated clearer.

Then Liliana stepped up, and stopped before Gergahi, holding her hand out before adressing herself, "I'm Liliana as what Jeloma said...We're not here to fight against your town's people...indact we're here to merge with all of you to bring Ovonel down and also help the kid claim back the throne."