Chapter 23: Show me

Finn's pov:

Millie kept looking straight at my eyes this night... It's kinda creepy, I admit. When we exited the bathroom she just kept her gaze at my eyes and I tried looking the other way a few times.

It kinda made me blush, when I caught her staring and tried to cover it up by looking down.

Here we are now, Millie on her bed and I on her couch that was pushed to the wall beside her walk-in closet, to not let her mother think otherwise.

I stared up ahead of me to the ceiling, the pillow below my head feeling a bit uncomfortable but I made no sign of showing that I was, and the duvet that was handed to me to use.

'Earlier was... Interesting. I have never showed anyone my eye color in purpose before... Not with my family though, hell I haven't even showed anyone my abilities... I guess my trust on Millie is much stronger than I thought it was. ' I thought, disconnectung from the world a bit as those words rang through my head.

I am brought back down to Earth when Millie called out, "Finn?"

I turned my head left upwards where I met Millie's face with my gaze, "Yeah?" I asked.

"Can you sleep?" She questioned.

I shook my head in response, "Can you lay with me?" She asked.

Laying beside her was now a normal occurrence since we do it almost everytime we have a sleepover, so I have no problem with it. But... "What about your mother, Mills? She might walk on us on the same bed in the morning." I chuckled at the possible awkward moment that might happen.

Even on the dark room, I can see her playfully rolling her eyes before speaking, "C'mon Finn, she doesn't have to know." She whined playfully.

I chuckled at that, finally giving in. Sitting up, then arranging the duvet and pillow on the couch so it would not fall.

Making my way to the side of the bed where Millie scooted over then slid under the covers.

I situated my head on the pillow, making myself comfortable, "So uh... How was your meeting with Paige, before she left?" I asked to fill in the silence.

"It was good, she was rather surprised though...Well they all were." She answered, letting out a breathy laugh after.

I chuckled, "Yeah, they did not expect it."

We fell silent again, Millie spoke up, "I still can't comprehend how beautiful your eyes are..."

The corner of my lips tugged up, as I felt the familiar heat on my cheeks risen, "I uh... Thank you." I said shyly.

I notice the bed shifting on my left side then saw Millie from the corner of my eye, propped up in her elbow, her gaze on my eyes.

I turned my head where I met Millie's eyes, and so here we are... Staring at eachother with no words spoken to one another.

I now know I have feelings for her... I just can't let it get the best of me, it might hurt her... One way or another I'll have to get back to Delmi and that's that.

Snapping back into reality, I forcefully looked the other way even though I so badly want to keep that gaze, clearing my throat.
______________________________________

Millie's pov:

Have you ever had that feeling that you so badly want this thing (or someone for this matter), but you know...oh, you really know you can't have them.

It's like he's so close... But so far away at the same time... It makes my heart ache knowing I can't have him but somehow I always have this little spark of hope that maybe... Just maybe... We could work.