Morning after

I woke up early as usual. My day starts at 6:30 a.m. My first knee replacement is st 7 a.m. I wore my maroon turtleneck,  gray slacks, silver necklace, silver vintage earrings and black  mules. I wrote Jane a sweet note, and left her my charge card and grabbed my yogurt  expresso to go. I was running a little late. I was sore and knew hills was not going to do it for me at work. I had several surgeries today.  I usually make lunch but didn't even have time to do that.  I would pick up something on my lunch hour. 
Jane came by with lunch with her new black top that covered her neck too with denim jeans, black boots with her winter coat.  She saw that all the ingredients I had bought to make my lunch were still in the refrigerator when she retrieved the cranberry juice and blueberry muffins I had made the day before for us. She went to the Greek Deli and picked up two gyros, baklava and extra large green tea for me. She bought herself a orange soda.  She asked the nurse at  desk if I  was close to finishing up my morning surgeries. The nurse paged her," Dr. Isles please come to your office when you finish for lunch time." Maura was surprised when she saw me. I gave her hug when she opened her office door. She closed the door and gave me a proper kiss after she closed her blinds. I handed her the credit card. I told all items purchased would-be on the kichen table with the receipt. We ate our food and an hour went to quick for me, but a doctor has to be on time for surgeries or the theater gets backed up which can be dangerous for patients.  I told her I wouldn't be home until late, it was our monthly poker night with the guys. We kissed and I  left.  I got home around ten and Maura was already asleep.  She had more early surgeries  tomorrow. I went downstairs and noticed she ate a little bit of her dinner and didn't make her lunch.  I made her a turkey sandwich like she makes it, a side salad and.bottle of mango juice and fiji water packed in her lunch box she uses for work. I got myself a bottle of water, set the alarm,  and left her a note on the restroom mirror so she will see it in the morning. I drank my water with my nightly vitamins and probiotics she left out for me. I dressed into my shorts and t-shirt and turned on the fire place. I got into bed and spooned with her. She woke up a few seconds and kissed my hands and fell back to sleep.