Chapter 46: JailBreak

Sky's POV

  -A little while earlier-

   The metal door clangs shut, followed by the sound of keys jingling in the lock. Footsteps of the only free people in the high-ceilinged chamber echo, growing fainter as they move toward the exit of this cold room. Another door slams and the only sounds are the quiet voices of private conversations and the rustle of paper from those who choose to read in their cells. Florescent lights hum and buzz overhead; one blinks every so often as if it is about to go out. Another prisoner, another day closer to repaying their debt to society by dwelling in the prison.

   The man stopped as I groaned in annoyance, as he spoke with one of his friends.

Steve grinned happily to Owkward, whispering something in hi ear. He nodded-proceeding to walk toward me. He smiled, then slung his arm around my neck.

  "Ey, we have a plan."

What?

"Just follow my lead, homie." he said. I nodded hesitantly.

"Hello! We've got court, people!" the officer yelled. We all perked up and followed him, I sighed. Steve nodded as he tapped on the officer's shoulder.

"Can I go to the yard? I changed my mind." he said. The officer groaned, but nodded. "Fine."

 We went back to the back of the prison as Owkward pranced along with the rest of the guys, whispering in their ears. They all nodded.

  A guy jerked his fist as it collided with the side of another's face and seemed it stung like hell. He stumbled back and almost half of the crowd gasped. the first guy charged with a roar like a bull. He sidestepped, whirling to face him. He lungedhisy fist at him, but he avoided one flying fist from the crowd, only to collide with another.

 Our officer's eyes widened as he rushed over to them. Owkward grabbed my hand and Steve's.

"We're busting out of here!"

   We all ran-we ran as fast as we could. owkward laughed as he rushed past both of us, and walked up to one of the guards up ahead.

  "Ey, do me a favor? It wont involve prison."

The guard nodded.

He smiled as he pointed to one of the windows. it was dark, surprisingly night time.

"When you wish apon a star~" he sang as he pointed to one of the stars. "Look over there..." He motioned us as we ran, leaving the guard distracted. ( It was the guards first week in. )

Owkward sidesteppped as he sang loudly. "Look over there as I steal your car~!"

The guards eyes widened as he jerked back. Owkward smiled as he twirled the guards car keys. He laughed as he began to run.

~....~

   "Sky! Just jump! " Steve yelled. I yelled back, "I would if my hands we're untied!"

I looked down, then looked back. Guards. Guards, everywhere. The dogs barked, foam bubbling out from their mouths. The flash lights blared as bright as the moon.

"Jump!" Steve yelled.

So I did.

I jumped off and landed on my feet safely. We rushed to the police car, unlocking it and getting in. Owkward started up the car as we speeded away, the police stuck on the other end of the fence.

  I turned to Steve once he broke my hands free with the keys.

"Why did we break out, exactly?" I asked. He smiled. "You're a rich kid. We help you, you help us. And besides... Ty must be scared to death by now."

My eyes widened. "How did you...?"

He laughed. "Easy. You mumbled his name a few times. "

"Oh..."

Jason's POV

I slammed my cup to the table. He...did...what?

"What?!" I yelled. He winced and frowned. "I didn't intend to! My visa maxed out! And I was going to buy something for my ex.... Propose... It was an expensive ring. So I may have written Sky's name! Plus, the family fortune was lost once Janet was in the hospital! "

I sighed as I regretted yelling at him. "How are you going to tell Sky?"

He frowned again. "I won't. "

-------

Merp. Jailbreak is shitty. Oh well.

I. Hate. Spanish.

-GA