Chapter 42: Cancer

Ty's POV

I opened my eyes, my head pounding as the world spun. I heard Seto's faint yell for my name until he screamed in my ear. Literally, in my ear. I jumped back until I hit my head with the headboard. I groaned in pain as Seto hugged me tightly.

"I thought you were dead!" he yelled. I looked around the room and saw Tyler and Jason looking at me worriedly and another man standing in front on us, not to mention a man and Simon talking with both a glass of water in hand.

"W-What happened?" I asked. Seto raised an eyebrow and sighed. "You passed out..." "And where am I?"

"Hospital...?" Jason replied. I sighed. "Whatever." I said. I tried getting up, my back hurt, and I groaned out in pain. Seto helped me back down and frowned. "I reviewed the tapes, and you and Sky didn't, uh, use...um...you know...." I felt my face blush. Wait, what.

"What do you mean, "Reviewed the tapes?" " I asked. He giggled. "Don't worry about it, but I think--" Seto got cut off by the doctor, who had his medical mask on. "I got good news and bad news." he announced.

"Well, what is the good news?"

"You are not pregnant." he said.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Then what was the bad news?"

"The bad news is, you have cancer, and without the sufficient money for the surgery--you can die."

Sky's POV

"What! What do you mean!? Since when?" I yelled at Bodil. He sighed. "Apparently, he had it his whole life, I guess." he said. I shook my head as i threw the phone from the box, a few stares but quickly scurried their gazes off and I picked it back up. Bodil brought a muffin basket and a small box, which I didn't open. And no, it wasn't narcotics, if that was what you were thinking.

"Can I help him? Do I have money?" I asked. He shook his head. "Nope. Sky, you can't help."

"Then find someone who can! I'd rather get convicted of fraud I never committed than living without him!" I yelled. My blood was rushing around my body--not because I was angry, but because I was scared. Scared that I would live without Ty... My Ty...

Bodil sighed. "Alright, I'll get someone, but you might not be happy...."

Baki's POV

"He's unstable?" I asked. Jason nodded and sighed. "Not why we're here to talk, why were you looking... f-for I-Ian?" he stuttered. I looked at him confusingly. Why was he so scared? Why haven't I seen Ian in so long?

"He told me if I ever needed help-- to see him. He always wanted to help me..." I trailed off. His sorrowful look turned into an angry one.

"You!" he yelled. "You were Ian's lover!"

I backed away from him as I shot him a confused glance. "W-What are you talking about...? That was you!"

"Don't play dumb with me!" he remarked as he shot up from Tyler's grasp and pinning me to a wall. I squirmed as his grip tightened, his hand slowly going around my neck. I could almost see black spots--anytime of fainting. Tyler soon pulled Jason away from me and held him back, I falling down and gasping for breath.

"Let him speak!" Tyler yelled. Jason sighed and nodded, his facial expression soft until he turned to me, his eyes shooting me daggers. "Go on then, speak."

I took a deep breath and started talking.

~.....~

Jason fell down to his knees, sobbing in his hands. I could almost hear him say; I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" he stopped once he realized he was in public. Tyler helped him up as he sobbed in his chest. Tyler sighed.

"How do we know if we can trust you?"

"Ian trusts me! Ask him!" I said. Jason sobbed harder as I said that. I looked at Tyler confusingly and he frowned.

"Baki...Ian is dead."