Chapter 43: Choice

Adam's POV

     I sighed as I gripped the handlebars, the steel from its material making me feel like I have no choice but to be proven guilty for something I never did. Of course, no one would believe me. It was probably Ghost's fault, too. I mean, since day one he always wanted the spotlight just because I was "favorite" from my grandfather, the man who founded NGU. Janet though, she loved Ghost like a grandchild. She was so sweet and caring, but he never really understood what it was like to be loved. 

  I looked over at the guards, who were just sleeping on the job, their feet on the desk. The keys were at the far end of the wall, so it was impossible for me to get them and break free. 

  "Hey, so you're the new guy, eh?" I turned around and saw a man with long, think eyebrows, or just one, who knows. He always wore his green shirt, and his face--don't get me started. He literally looked like a skateboard. No questions asked. 

  "......" I stayed silent, but it seemed he didn't like that. 

He grabbed me by the collar and pushed me against the wall, my entire body jolting in fear and pain. 

  "I'm going to ask again, are you the new guy?"

I nodded hesitantly as he let me go, letting me fall down to the floor with a thud. "Cool, I'm Steve." 

  "N-Nice t-to meet you, sir." I said with my stuck-up tone. It was usually how I talked when I was scared--got me out of trouble too. He smirked. "I get it, you're one of those rich, spoiled guys, huh? Hey, Owkward, come over here." 

  A male, not to be racist, but black, come up to him. Technically, everything we wore was black. Again, not meant to be racist. The male smiled at me, and turned to Steve. 

"Guy's rich." Owkward grinned as he scanned me, then looked back at the guards, who were still asleep on the job. 

I shook with fear and thought my way out. They seemed from to come from a rural-I mean, town, and I knew Ty and everyone else was too. I was from the city. 

  "U-Uh.... dawg, what chu be talkin' 'bout? I'm straight as a french fry!  Not one of those top dogs...uh...yo!"

Both men's eyes widened as they smiled.

"Sure thing pup dawg." Steve said. Owkward laughed. "Whatever. So what's your na-" he was cut off by one of the guards, who have finally awoken from their pitiful slumber. 

"Sky Adams, the judge will like to speak with you now, as you're trail begins today."

Well shit...

   Ty's POV

" You sure you don't want anything, Ty? A glass of water? Soda? A copy of Mean Girls?" Seto asked, giggling. I smiled at him. After all these past few days, not to mention this awful news, he always seemed to see the good of things. Like watching a crummy movie I hate so much. He laughed. 

  "I'm kidding..."

"Good."

"Not really. Want me to bring it? Please~!" Seto whined. I sighed. "Sure, fine. Only because I'm probably going to die and I haven't seen the movie yet." Seto smiled> "Don't be a downer! And I'll be right back~!" he chirped as he rushed out the hospital and probably to his car, which was located at Dunkin' Donuts. That bastard. 

  I leaned back and stared at the blank TV, until a nurse came in. I turned to her. 

  "Someone would like to visit you, Ty." she said. I smiled and nodded. It must be Sky! I haven't heard from in him a while! My goodness, he must miss me! 

She smiled and nodded, and soon enough who came in the door wasn't Sky, but Ghost. I smiled fakely at him, remembering we're togfether and all. 

He laughed. "Save the acting for someone who would fall for it"

My eyes widened. How did he...?

" I heard of you're problem." He started. "And I wanted to make a deal. In favor, you know, being extremely rich and all, I'll save you're life. Pay for the surgery, of course, with the best of the best."

I rolled my eyes. "Get to the point."

" My point is, I'll save your life, and you have to marry me right after. You're choice."