𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

17k reads, I repeat 17k reads

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2037 

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 towards the sunset, feeling giddy in the inside. Ghostbur had to try to keep his hat from flying away as the cold wind wiped through their faces. 

"Are we almost there?" Tommy asked, no annoyance in his voice. Only curiosity, and a bit of dread. I guess even he didn't want this moment to end. Can't blame him though.

Squinting her eyes, Y/n nodded.

You can see the silhouette of the small hill and the familiar stump up ahead. Y/n pointed to their destination, taking shallow breaths. They'd been running for a while now, and her stamina can only last so long.

"Are you sure that's a good place to hide? There's-" The child doubted, but was cut off.

"I think there's a mob behind us." Ghostbur interrupted simply.

At first, the pair was a bit skeptical. Realization dawned upon them, as they heard numerous angry voices. Their head's swirled around, blink repeatedly to get their eyes used to the lack of light.

Ghostbur was right. 

Behind them, a huge mob was frantically looking around. It was at least double the size they saw earlier, and way scarier. Almost everyone held pitchforks, and flaming torches. Some people even had signs. You wouldn't be able to read some of them because of the lighting, but thanks to some torches you may see most. They read 'SAVE L'MANBERG' or 'WILBUR DIED FOR A REASON.'

Y/n had to admit, some of the words on the cardboard paper really stung. This whole thing is complete bullshit, and all of them are exaggerating, not to mention the signs.

"Ah, fuck." The blue eyed boy cussed, now looking in front of him.

Using all the energy she had, the girl pushed herself forward. She was determined to not get caught and by the looks of it, the other's weren't either. 

Ghostbur started floating to go a bit faster, but still keeping the rest of the group in his eye sight. 

The crowd was slowly edging closer, though they were blind enough not to see any of them. Though to be fair it was rather dark outside, and even their handmade torches couldn't help except repelling mobs (the monsters, not the horrifying huge flocks wandering around.)

Speaking of monsters, they all thankfully backed off. Maybe it was because they had no energy to chase two fasts L'manbergians, and a floating ghost. 

Once the trio arrived, Y/n ushered them to follow her. She plopped down next to the stump (Which was fairly tall. About 3 feet.) which thankfully hid her pretty well. It didn't really work on Tommy and Ghostbur, though. Tommy had to lower down his head, and even if the ghost tried the back of his head would still be visible.

So, being the absolute genius that she is, the girl deposited her strangely small backpack on the log. Sure, the horde will probably see the bag and go to investigate, but oh well. It's less obvious then a radiant beanie. 

With that extension the brunet's head was successfully hidden, though only if he kept his hand down low. The trio lay scattered around the thick stump, but two out of three people were still visible. Unfortunately, there wasn't much room.

"This hiding spot is shitty." Tommy declared, huddled on the wood and hugging his knees.

"You're the one to talk. At least you're actually hidden." Y/n rolled her eyes, though they probably didn't see that.