𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1113

"𝐇𝐞𝐲! 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞!" 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲.

The boy was correct. Y/n glanced up, and spotted Niki carrying a tray full of hot strudels. Tommy eyes were glued to the delicious pastries, as Ghostbur was watching the scene unfold with anticipating excitement. 

"Here you go. I hope you enjoy!" The blonde spoke hurriedly, placing the two plates on the table as she rushed back to the kitchen. 

You can tell customers were getting impatient judging by the angry voices coming from outside. When Niki got to the kitchen, she quickly discarded the tray she was carrying and practically sprinting to the door.

"Must be awfully busy." The y/e/c eyed girl guessed, as Tommy quickly cut the food in pieces and dug into it. 

"This.. food is so good!" The child exclaimed in between breathes, then looked expectantly at the ghost who was straight up out stared the poor pastry before him. "Go on, try it!"

The brunet didn't have the chance to try the strudels that Niki packed them before, since Y/n had accidentally dropped them.

Ghostbur glanced at the enthusiastic Tommy, then to the cheery girl before his brown eyes traveled back to the strudel. He poked the food with his fork, before giving in.

Following the boy's example, he cut the pastry into fairly unequal pieces before stabbing his fork in it and hesitantly eating it. He chewed it quite slowly, before his eyes widened. Without a word, started finishing up the rest.

"See?! Strudels are incredible Y/n, and you're wrong for not loving them." The blond accused, giving her a truly disappointing look. Even Ghostbur looked at her quizzically, as if he was downright  shocked by the news.

"They're alright, just not the top of my list." She shrugged nonchalantly, as the blue eyed boy continued. 

"Oh my fucking god, she has the courage to - believe it or not - lie like that." He spoke, seemingly genuinely disappointed in her. 

The ghost seemed to think the same, as he tried to reason with her. "Do you want to try some of mine, then maybe you'd change your mind?"

"Ghostbur, I didn't expect you to side with the child instead of I." The girl said dramatically, shaking her head as she emphasized the word 'child'.

"I AM NOT A FUCKING CHILD, BITCH! I AM A BIG MAN, AND BIG MEN DON'T TAKE TOO KINDLY TO INSULTS." Tommy screeched, getting up and alerting the nearby customers. Actually, he was alerting all the customers, and one didn't seem to be in a good mood. 

"MODERATE YOUR LANGUAGE IN FRONT OF MY CHILD, YOU IMBECILE! AND CALM DOWN, FOR YOU ARE DISTURBING EVERYONE HERE!" An angry Karen yelled, covering her daughter's (who looked to be the age of 13) ears.

The daughter seemed to be truly ashamed of her mother's behavior, as she buried her face in her hands. Honestly, Y/n felt kind of bad for the kid. 

"Sorry." The child apologized annoyed, though his voice wasn't sincere. He shot some insults under his breath, and plopped back down on the chair.

Y/n was busy laughing her ass off, as Ghostbur was holding back one as well. His eyes twinkled with laughter as he tried to apologize to the Karen, but all that came out was a quick laugh. 

"Never saw a big man getting told off by a Karen, and backing down." She remarked between laughs, as the boy just glared at her, visibly trying to keep calm.

"Big men do not listen to-" He started, but was cut off by Niki.

"Here's your cookies, extra chips as you like them." The light brown eyed girl announced, passing the plate full of cookies to her.

"Thanks Niki!" She thanked, as her friend cheerfully nodded before heading back to the kitchen. She turned her attention to Tommy, and raised an eyebrow. "What were you going to say, Tommy?"

"I WAS GOING TO SAY, BIG MEN DO NOT LISTEN TO-" The blond resumed, but was cut off yet again.

"BE QUIET!" The same Karen howled, as her daughter tried to calm her down. "Not now Adelyn, I'm TRYING to put this young man back to his place!"

"BIG MEN DO NOT LISTEN TO- YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU'RE NOT BEING REALLY LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE RIGHT NOW!" He shot back, standing up from the chair yet again.

Y/n burst out laughing, understanding he was referring to the shirt the woman wore right now. It was hot pink, with black letters in-scripted on it. 

It read: 

ℓινє

ℓαυgн

ℓσνє

The heated debate lasted for a while, and Y/n cursed herself for not bringing a video camera. It was absolutely priceless, and the customers seemed to be getting a crack out of it. As much as she would like to stay here and watch the rest of it, she had to separate them. 

"Alright, alright. We'll be taking our leave now." The y/h/c haired girl said, holding back her laughter while grabbing Tommy's arm and ushering for Ghostbur to follow them. 

"GOOD! RUN BACK TO YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE HOME!" The Karen yelled one last time, but her voice was hoarse because of how much she's been screeching. 

As Tommy struggled in her grip hissing insults, she swung the door open and exited. Finally, she released the boy, who was spitting with rage.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?! DID YOU HEAR WHAT SHE JUST SAID?!" The blue eyed dude spat, looking like he was going to go stomping right back in there. 

Putting both her hands on his shoulders, the girl nodded. "Yes, I'm not deaf. But Tommy, you need to learn to keep your emotions in check. Think before you say. My parents have told that phrase to me multiple times, and I was always sick of it. I'm sure that's how you feel, but trust me. If you take my advice and start thinking before you speak, it'll help you a great deal in life. Please try to cooperate with me, and trust me, I know how hard it is. It's so much easier to just let it all out, and it feels good when you have. But please, for your own sake and mine, please control your emotions."

Tommy seemed to have calmed down, and had a dejected look in his eyes. Perhaps it was how Y/n's voice was so calm, or how she meant every word of it. Not much can make Tommy calm down, but her sisterly ways really drove close to home. 

"Alright Y/n, I will."  

Hello! 

Thank you for reading this chapter!

I don't really have much to say, but I hope you all have a great day!