Cliff {Skephalo}🐱

Skeppy shifted his wings as he watched Bad return once again to the cliff overlooking the endless blue sea. The water glistened under the starry night, an occasional twinkle could be seen. Bad stared out across the sea with sadness in his gaze. The night was quiet, every creature heading for bed and those of the night waking up. The waves below crashed into the jagged, rocky shoreline.

Bad stared out onto the endless cerulean sea. Skeppy reached out to touch him but once again, fazed through him. A silent tear rolled down Bad's face as Skeppy stood there in pain. There was nothing Skeppy could do as Bad completely broke down. The tears streamed down Bad's face and Skeppy's heart broke. It pained him to see his best friends so vulnerable and in pain. Skeppy would do anything in that moment to help relieve Bad of his pain. Bad's fragile body shook with every sob as he wept.

Skeppy crouched down to Bad and stared off into the glistening sea. Eventually, as usual, Bad will fall asleep in tears. At least, that's what Skeppy thought. Skeppy noticed the grass dancing in the wind as the water slapped the cliff side meaning the wind was picking up.

"I-I'm sorry Skeppy" Bad cried. Skeppy looked over feeling the tightness in his chest increase, tears threatening to spill.

"I couldn't save you...I'm sorry" Bad whispered, gazing out across the water. Skeppy felt a wet moisture as he touched his own cheek, realizing that he had started to cry.

"I know you probably can't hear me but if there's any possibility, I'm willing to take that chance. I know that a million words won't bring you back because I've tried but if...I'm sorry," Bad continue to sob. "I couldn't make it in time."

"It wasn't your fault...There wasn't anything you could have done" Skeppy whispered, knowing Bad couldn't hear him. Bad stood up, still sobbing, and walked closer to the cliff edge. A million possibilities flashed through Skeppy's mind as he silently begged him not to do it.

"Everyday I get closer to doing it. The cuts on my body won't ever fade. The pain I feel won't seem to leave. I have nothing to hold onto Skeppy...But I'll still hold on. I'll be lying if I didn't say everyone is worried about me." Bad took a deep breath before continuing, "Everyone misses you. I don't ever seem to sleep anymore. Every time I close my eyes the images reappear. It's just so... unfair. Why does it hurt so much?

Skeppy couldn't see anymore as the tears completely blurred his vision.

"I know you wouldn't want me to do this. You'd probably be ashamed if you knew that I was even experiencing these thoughts" Bad whispered as he sat down and pulled his legs to his chest.

"No..." Skeppy whispered back, "I'm the one who should be sorry, if I didn't-"

"I won't do it" Bad said, unknowingly cutting Skeppy off, "You wouldn't want this for me..."

"Bad..." Skeppy started before Bad stood up and spoke, "I'll see you again, I'll keep visiting. This was a beautiful place to pass. The endless blue see reminds me of you Skep..."

Bad stood there as the wind ruffled his hair. Skeppy fluffed his wings and tried to give Bad a reassuring hug but ultimately failed as he fazed through his body.

"I love you muffin-head" Bad stated in tears. He took a deep breath before turning around and walking off. Skeppy could only watch in pain as his best friend walked away.

"I love you too Bad..." Skeppy responded as Bad faded out of his view and into the fog. Skeppy spread his dark blue wings and took off, flying as the cliff slowly disappeared into the settling fog. He would wait for Bad, his best friend, his potential lover. 

668 Words

This is really short but I wanted to try writing some angst and this was the result. I hope you enjoyed :)