Reality {Any Ship}

You can use any ship for this

----------

There are 365 days in a year

24 hours in a day

60 minutes in an hour

60 seconds in a minute

31,536,000 seconds in a year

But when they were together, the concept of time was insignificant. A full year, from the moment they meet to the moment his world falls apart.

The ballroom where they were introduced. Two aspiring men with different backstories come together. A prince and general meet with an unforeseen war over the horizon. Unbenounced to those in the room, the world would soon change and no one was going to make it out unscathed.

The moment war broke out, confidence resides in everyone's heart. Fear was soon imminent and safety was far from guaranteed. Two young men were ready to fight side by side.

The first major battle, they rode out together. Foes falling and fleeing from their path. Nothing seemed to be able to stop them. Back to back they fought against the never ending army.

The assassination. A prince asleep while another assigned to overwatch. The dark night, cold breeze, dagger glinting in the moonlight as it aims for its target. One strike, pain but no death. 2nd strike met with retaliation. One swift flick of the wrist ends their life. Too much blood lost for the prince, darkness consumes him. Joy for the general as he awakes.

Confession time on top of the castle, overviewing the city they have come to love and cherish. Two aspiring men with different backstories become lovers. A light amidst the darkness of war. Lips meet in the dark. A strong bond is formed, one that only death may do part.

The first long part. One sent out, the other ordered to stay. Endless sleepless nights filled with restless thoughts. A single prayer for the other's safety.

A sweet reunion filled with tears of joy. Their relationship revealed and accepted by the majority. Tide of the war seemingly shifted in their favor.

The winning battle, the white flag of the foe flying high. Dead are counted, wounded attended to. The two lovers relish in the victory. Tears of joy and tears for the fallen are shed. A feast is held, delicacies long forgotten are enjoyed. Young lovers side by side to help build the future.

Everything must come to an end

Before the confessions and love shared on the roof.

Before victory and joy is spread throughout the kingdom.

One simple night to end it all.

A tired prince finally rests, a trusted general to keep watch. Darkness envelops the castle, only light casted from the flicking candles. Guards continue to patrol. The general slowly loses consciousness as his exhaustion finally catches up to him. The soft breathing of the sleeping prince lulls him to sleep. A big thud heard from the prince's chamber. The general jolted awake but time had slipped out of his grasp. The hooded figure in the window stares. The glint reflected off the dagger which rested upon the bed. A swift grasp of the dagger, it flew towards the window only to miss its mark and follow the figure out of sight.

Time continued to stop and he stumbled to the bed. A delicate hand reaches for the prince, touching the slick, cold blood. Holding in a cry was all he could do as he backed up. Tears filled his eyes as he let the pain out. Guards, Maids, and others all rushed to his cries. Medics came but nothing could be done for the one who had slipped into the dark abyss. One strike from the skilled assassin was all it took.

Overwhelming pain and grief spread like wildfire throughout the kingdom. The general closes off from everyone as speculation over the prince's death grows. Some blame the assassin, others blame the one overwatching the prince.

Defeat for the kingdom was inevitable

A dream is created by the general who spirals into insanity. A wish to have confessed sooner to the prince he had come to love. A hope for a happily ever after.

Reality Is Often More Cruel Than Dreams