Addicting Pain pt2 🐱

This doesn't revolve around dreamnoblade as much as it does DNF

Techno sighed as he folded up the letter. He knew that he needed to get rid of the ghostly touches and memories of the boy. Placing the letter in an envelope, he sealed it up. He grabbed his suitcase and headed out the door of his bedroom. Looking around one last time, memories he shared with others struck him with sadness. He shut off the lights and exited the room. Phil was waiting in the living room from him, face saddened knowing this may be the last time they meet in person. Giving Phil a hug, Techno held back his tears. Phil on the other hand, had eyes brimming with tears. Techno handed the letter to him and Phil finally spoke up.

"Are you sure about this?"

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I need to leave this place but I promise I'll always come back if you need me to. You know where to reach me if you need me. Thank you for everything Phil. You have been an amazing friend, one I could have only ever dreamed of having. You stuck with me through all my highs and lows." Techno responded with a strained smile, tears threatening to spill. Phil pulled Techno into another hug, gripping tightly for a silent minute. Techno wished that he could stay in this moment forever but he knew nothing lasts forever.

As Phil pulled away, he spoke again, voice slightly cracking, "As I for you. You have done so much for me as well. I too will here at your side in an instant if you wish for it."

Techno simply nodded and walked towards the front door, with Phil following behind. As he headed towards an uber he had called, he gave Phil one last wave before getting into the vehicle. Phil simply sighed as he clutched the letter in his hand.

~♡~

Dream silently ran his fingers through his lover's hair. He was finally happy, happier than he had been in a long time. A sudden knock on the door woke up George, his lover, who had been napping on his chest. He got up from the couch, leaving his lover to sit there alone, and headed to the door. He peeked through the peephole and saw the last person he expected to see. Phil stood at the door, holding an envelope. Dream quickly threw open the door and made eye contact with Phil. They weren't on good terms, ever since he left Techno in his broken state. Their little "sessions" felt good, sure, but he just wasn't satisfied with him.

"Hey Phil, What brings-" Dream started, before Phil shoved the letter into his chest causing him to look down at it. He clutched the letter before looking back up at him. Eyes, brimming with tears, he stated "I hope you're happy" before turning and walking away.

Utterly confused, Dream gently shut the door before heading back to the living room where George was still seated. He held the remote in his hand and was flipping through channels, looking for something to watch. Dream sat down next to George who proceeded to lean onto him.

"Who was it?" He asked

"Just an old friend," Dream responded as he flipped the envelope over and gently opened it. He pulled the letter out and began to read. His expression darkened as he read through, a horrible feeling settling in his stomach. As he finished his letter, the sudden news on the tv got his attention.

"This just in. A plane crashed near ####, an hour after take-off. It is currently unknown the cause of such a crash but we'll keep you updated when we know more. Currently, there are no known survivors and all passengers on board, including crew, have been killed"

"Damn, the poor souls and their families" George said, snuggling deeper into Dream's chest. Dream only nodded as he set the letter on the coffee table. A gentle breeze danced through the room, carrying the letter under the couch where it lay, forgotten.

~♡~

Phil sat there, looking at the news. With a sad, strained smile and eyes filled with tears, he simply muttered "and they say he never dies."