Just King Things {dreamnoblade} 🐱

AN: I think I've read too much dreamnoblade lol

This is not proofread

-----

Techno grumbled as he sat there with paperwork piled on the table. He was lacking sleep and couldn't seem to menatally focus. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes with a groan. He glanced out the window and saw that it was around mid-afternoon. Shifting in his seat, he made up his mind to go on a little walk. His body however, protested. His body was stiff from leaning over a desk all day. Forcing his tired limbs to stand up, he stretched his arms up. Techno heard a couple swift knocks at his door.

"Your majesty?" A voiced called out

"Come in," Techno responded, plopping himself back down onto the chair which squeaked in protest at the sudden movement. The door creaked open as a servant stuck their head into the doorway. Techno beckoned him in with a simple wave of his hand. The servant, better known as Karl, shut the door behind him. Techno raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to speak.

"Squidkid is here" Karl stated, a little nervous. The people in the castle knew that Techno could get quite grouchy when he was running on little to no sleep.

"Okay, thank you for the information Karl. You're dismissed" Techno responded. Karl simply bowed before turning back to the door. He heard the door creak and click shut indicating that Karl had left the room. Techno slowly stood up, grabbing his red clock which hung off the back of the chair. He put on his sword along with its sheath on his back before slipping the cloak over it. He ran a hand through his pink hair in an attempt to smooth it out. He looked himself over in the mirror before determining that he looked presentable. He gripped the door handle, took a deep breath before turning it and walking out of the room. He lightly shut the door behind him and made his way to the throne room. Maids, Butlers, and Guards, all bowed their heads as he passed. He eventually arrived in the throne room where Squidkid was waiting.

"I expected you to be waiting for my arrival," Squidkid said with a grin. Techno simply rolled his eyes, "under the hundreds of mail regarding the kingdom, your simple letter slipped my mind. Perhaps if you wrote a more scintillating letter, I would more likely remember it."

"Scint-what? I have no idea what that means" Squidkid responded. Techno let out a little laugh at Squidkid's confusion. "Hey! Stop laughing at me. Anyway, would you like to accompany me on a little walk? I would like to speak business with you."

Techno pondered for a couple seconds before agreeing to go. He had originally planned on going on a walk so some company wouldn't be bad. Squidkid clasped his hands together with a smile. "Alright then, where shall we go?"

"We can take a stroll in the forest," Techno responded, heading to doors with Squidkid following. A couple guards opened the door for them to walk through. A patrol of guards continued to follow the two kings as they walked through the garden. Techno leaned over and whispered into Squid's ear, "Wanna lose the guards?"

Squid nodded in response. Techno and Squid made a break for it and started running. The sound of guards yelling could be heard behind them as they reached a fence. Squid quickly climbed over it with Techno following suit. They both ran into the nearby forest, and continued to run for a little while. Both boys, having gained endurance during the potato war, were able to run for quite a bit before they collapsed at a tree, out of breath.

"That was amazing," Squid exclaimed when he caught his breath. "Where did you learn to do that?!"

Techno simply shrugged and responded with, "I just learned how to get away from guards when I was younger and wanted to be alone"