Assignment {Schlattbur} 🐱

We reached 1.3k reads pog :D

~~

Wilbur POV

Wilbur spent the last couple hours just staring at the laptop with absolutely no progress. Nothing jumped out to him, no ideas came to his mind. It was one of the worst writer's blocks he had ever experienced. They were assigned to write a paper about what love was. His roommate Schlatt was not in the dorm, and probably out drinking at some club. Taking a deep breath, Wilbur looked over at the red glowing numbers of his clock. The numbers said 12:45 am and Wilbur still has made no progress. This assignment was due at the end of the week and Wilbur was starting to stress out. Signing, Wilbur banged his head against the table and groaned; only silence answered back. Deciding that he couldn't handle the silence anymore, Wilbur decided to throw on some headphones. Turning it on, he decided to listen to some music. Humming along to the music, he continued to stare at his laptop. Before he knew it, he was completely absorbed in his music and forgot about the paper he was typing.

Bopping along to the music, he let out a startled gasp as the headphones were removed from his head. He looked up and saw Schlatt holding his headphones above his head, grinning, "Hey Lover Boy!" 

Wilbur could smell the faint scent of alcohol reeking off Schlatt. He glanced over at the clock, only to see that it was 2 am. Sighing, he rubbed his tired eyes and shut his laptop. He simply stood up and brushed past Schlatt who gave him a confused look. Wilbur grabbed his pajamas and walked to the bathroom, shutting and locking the door. He walked over to the sink and splashed some water on his face. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, only to see dark, heavy bags under his slightly red eyes. Wilbur closed his eyes for a brief moment before taking off his clothes and hopping into the shower.

After his shower, he dried himself off with a towel and got into his pajamas. He exited the bathroom to find Schlatt passed out on his bed, shirtless. "Damn Schlatt" Wilbur thought to himself. He rolled his eyes and readjusted the covers so they completely covered Schlatt. When he was doing this, he was stopped by Schlatt's strong grip on his wrist.

"Hey! What are you-" Wilbur started before being cut off "Why do you treat me so kindly?"

"W-what do you mean?" WIlbur asked. Schlatt tightened his grip on his wrist and pulled him in; Wilbur stumbled and managed to brace himself directly above Schlatt with only his free arm as support.

"Everyone thinks I'm a no good person. The only thing I have going for me is my charm. Just because I can talk my way in and out of everything doesn't mean people like me. I'm sure you've heard all the whispers and rumors around the school. The ones saying I manipulate people for my own benefit." At this point, Schlatt's eyes had started to glisten with tears. "Why can't you hate me like everyone else? Don't give me false hope and when I know you're gonna leave me like everyone else"

"Schlatt-" Wilbur whispered before Schlatt pulled him down and into his embrace. Mumbling into his curly brown hair, Schlatt spoke "Please... I'm a fucking screw up. I can't seem to ever do shit right. No matter how hard I try, everything goes to fucking hell. No matter how hard I try. I don't know how much longer I can act like this. Act like I don't give two shits about anything."

Wilbur, not knowing how to respond, simply buried his face into Schlatt's chest. Lifting his head after a couple of minutes, his teary eyes met Schlatt's. Schlatt simply caressed Wilbur's check, wiping the tears off his checks. Wilbur laid his head down against Schlatt's bare chest and listened to his heartbeat. He snuggled closer to Schlatt and spoke softly, "I will always remain by your side no matter what. I don't care if any relationship you had in the past had blown up; I will still be here, dead or alive."

With these words, Schlatt tightened his embrace; they both fell asleep basking in each other's presence. Wilbur was not even sure Schlatt was going to remember this talk in the morning due to how much he may or may not have drank. Needless to say, Wilbur got his assignment done.

754 Words