[19]

"A Stripper?"
Cigarette Daydreams- Cage The Elephant
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Alexandra sat at the ladder zoning out, not listening to JJ and Pope talk about the piece of machine John B managed to "borrow"

"You alright Lex?" JJ asked leaning on the railing beside her.

"I'm fine." She smiled small at him. Trying to reassure.

She just had a lot on her mind.

"Once we get footage of the wreck, we bring it to a lawyer in town and we file a formal claim." John B informed once he broke the surface.

He made it sound so easy. Like there wasn't a billion other issues that went along with it.

"It's such bullshit we have to do that." JJ complained.

JJ liked simple not complicated. His eyes trailed once more towards the girl who was staring at her hands. He wish he could read her mind sometimes, it would make things easier.

"Well there maritime salvage law. We can't go into the ocean and scoop stuff up."
Pope explained.

He always kept the legality of it all in mind. That's why Alexa liked him, he was smart.

"I know bro, it's just that lawyers aren't cheap." JJ explained

Alexa could see where JJ was coming from, he was right the legality of it all would be pricy. But on the other hand lawyers weren't 400 million dollars worth of expensive.

"Once they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." John B assured.

Alexa squinted skeptically.

"Or they'll think we're stupid, naive kids-which we are- and find a way to take advantage of us." Alexandra deadpanned.

She didn't want to ruin the mood but she also wanted to be realistic.

"Why are you like this?" John B glared at her before splashing her with water.

Alexandra let a displeased groan leave her lips as she stood up. She hugged herself as she went to lean on the rail next to JJ.

"The tether is too long, in wrong weather it'll get pushed around." Pope informed

"We'll wait til it's dead calm." John B replied.

Kiara made her way up the ladder

"Today is not that day" Pope said staring out to the sky. They all followed his gaze towards the dark clouds and as if on cue thunder rolled.

"Some time this week then, possibly tomorrow." Alexa said staring into the water.

They all stopped and stared at her for a second before continuing to do their things.