[38]

"My girl first."
Vas- jagger finn
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

When the crew arrived to the Wreck, John B could sense their spirits were down

"Look, he'll come around alright, he's doing a JJ thing." John B tried to assure the gloomy faces.

"You think he'll go home?" Kiara asked, clearly upset.

"There's about a zero percent chance JJ goes home." Pope looked out to the beach.

Alexa shuffled uncomfortably. The chance of JJ going home was nowhere near zero. In fact just then JJ's words of wanting to 'prove' himself swirled in her head. What if he meant prove himself to his dad? She hoped JJ hadn't gone to him. She was angry at herself for not having thought that as a possibility.

Pope started laying out their plan, they needed that money more then ever.

"I can go figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there as early as tomorrow morning." Pope instructed.

The Pogues agreed until a soft voice interjected.

"What about the thing with my dad?" Sarah asked looking at John B who muttered a curse.

Alexa's eyes narrowed at the couple.

"I have to go fishing with Ward." John B explained.

Alexandra let out a sarcastic laugh, causing John B to snap his head towards her.

"You can't get 400 mil cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kiara asked

"Blow it off."

"Look I have to okay, he saved me. Alright? If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care. So...I have to go." John B explained.

Alexandra frustratingly shook her head.

"Is there something you'd like to add Lex?" John B cocked his head at her. He watched her burn up even more at the mention of the nickname.

"I just think it's stupid that instead of getting the gold...Instead of possibly getting the money that might help us convince JJ to not incriminate himself, we are holding it all off so that you can go fishing." She glared at him.

"I can't miss-"

"Oh my god it's fishing or 400 million dollars, it shouldn't be a fucking question. Fishing with your girlfriends dad will always be there, 400 million won't." She exclaimed while gripping her hair.

"I'm sick and tired of having to change things cause of JJ. Okay?! You always take his side. He made his choice and I'm making mine, I'm going fishing tomorrow and I don't care what you have to say. You don't have to be a part of this, it's not like you need the money." John B shrugged.

Alexa nodded and swallowed hard.

"Right cause Sarah and Kiara are dirt poor. Look this isn't even about me this is about- You know what I'm done, enjoy your fucking fishing. I hope the ocean opens up and swallows you whole." She stood up and started walking out.