[5]

"Discoveries"
                             Kids- MGMT

                             "Discoveries"                             Kids- MGMT                              ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Alexa waited at the door for the two boys to catch up to her. She stared at the printed number on the door:
229

She leaned against the wall as JJ approached the door.

He gave it a couple knocks.
"Housekeeping."

He moved past Alexa to try to look through the window.

"Should I try it?" John B asked looking between the two.

"Es que no hay nadie aqui. No power, no security cameras, no ones gonna know." JJ assured John B.

Before he even tried the door, John B looked at the girl . He would take her word no matter what. When it came to sense she just tended to have more than JJ.

"Should I?"

Alexa shrugged and nodded.
"It's the reason why we're here isn't it?"

John B nodded and began unlocking the door.

When he opened up the door Alexa shivered.

It was dark and gave her the creeps. She didn't like the feeling. The room itself wasn't physically cold but it just felt cold. Like someone up and left, just like that. Like someone expected to return and never did.

As she walked in an unpleasant smell hit her nose making it crinkle in disgust.

"It smells like my mom in here." She softly stated as JJ and John B began looking through the unknown persons stuff.

"Your mom's dead Lex." JJ walked towards the night stand.

"Exactly my point."

Alexa mentally slapped herself for that one. But humor was her way of getting through things. Even though whenever she would joke about dark things it would in the end make her feel worse.

"Hey guys look at this" JJ called out as he stared at some map.

Alexa blew hair out of her face. Maps were boring.

She turned in a circle looking for something to catch her eye but nothing did. She started opening cabinets, until she got to the one on the ground.

When she opened it, it revealed a safe. Her eyebrow went up in curiosity. She squinted at it as if it were challenging her. She let out a huff of air before sitting down criss cross apple sauce in front of it.

She started punching in numbers. Starting with consecutive zeros. The sound of the safe denying her entries was starting to frustrate her.

God I'm so stupid to think that I can crack this. There's like a million combinations. Oh! I know! 1-2-3-4-5 she thought as she punched in the numbers. She bit her lip before pressing the final button.