[22]

"Stop Thinking"
Midnight City- M83
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Pope moved the drone around for the third time

At that point Alexa's smile had faltered.

"There's nothing." Alexandra put her head in her hands.

"You don't know that!" Kie exclaimed trying to hold on to the slipping hope.

"We can go through again." Pope tried to remain calm.

"Guys we've been through it three times, there's nothing there." JJ snapped in frustration.

"Shut up!" Kiara gripped her hair.

They were all upset, their high hopes had taken a big hit.

Alexa's heavy breaths caused her to move away from the drone and back towards JJ.

"Someone beat us to it!" John B deadpanned, he was upset the most out of all them. Finding the goal to him meant so much more than the money.

"Or it was never there" JJ muttered angrily.

Alexa stared at the ocean, she was stupid for believing in it too. She wished she would've been rational, but the thought of being able to escape her life was too over powering.

The ride home was gloomy and the opposite of that morning when they were first heading out.

It felt like when you're about to win race and the last second someone beats you by an inch.

Almost no one said a word going back. The disappointment was extremely loud.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Alexandra walked around the Heyward shop trying to get everything on the list that JJ had mentioned.

"Ink, needles, and a lighter? What the hell are you and JJ up to?" Pope asked stocking the shelf beside his friend.

"Tattoos, wanna join?" She hummed with a smile.

"Hell no. You guys are insane. What if it gets infected or JJ straight up stabs you with the needle?" Pope took a crate outside.

Alexandra ignored him with an eye roll, she went to the front to check out.

"Do I wanna know?" Heyward asked holding up the stuff.

"Uhh Probably not." Alexandra tightly smiled.

She handed the money over to Popes dad-who didn't want to take it but she was too damn persistent-and grabbed her bag. All of the sudden Pope ran in, grabbing her and pushing her towards a corner.

"Pope what the hell!?"

Pope shushed her and looked around frantically. The wide eye girl looked around, trying to see what he saw.