xl. bargaining

FORTY,
bargaining

FORTY,bargaining

⋆

ELLA REALLY DID FEEL TRAPPED, even outside of the infirmary.

There was no escape from it — the reminders. Life revolved around them. Whether it be from the names freshly painted on the prodigious, Alexandria walls, or the walkers surrounding such a thing itself, there was no escape from the bitter reminder of a looming death. Even if some had attempted to try and block it out, the sounds of the creatures were rather hard to ignore, whilst being ordered to remain silent, even in their homes. It was a difficult thing to grasp, the fact that they could all be faced with their demise, with one little falter from the gate separating them from the dead.

That was a feeling most Alexandria residents had not been acquainted with, evidently enough.

For Ella though, to say that the walkers were the least of her concerns, would have been an understatement. In actual honesty, she could care less, about what was to happen. Not to mention, the neighbors which fearfully glanced out their window, or walked alongside the sidewalks, shifting their eyes around every second, acting almost as if their walls had finally failed them. None of that exactly mattered to her, anymore. Or, more specifically, hadn't been the most consuming thing on her mind.

Thankfully, a bit of freedom from the infirmary, helped a bit to clear her mind. However, once she got the permission from Denise to move on from liquid IV pain medication, to pills, Ella soon became painfully aware that her bedroom just felt like yet another prison. One that, unlike last time, technically gave her permission to move around — although, ironically enough, she lacked the proper energy to do so.

Which, fairly speaking, would have made sense. It had only been around a few hours, or less, since she left the infirmary, and had her last dosage of pain medication. So, obviously enough, Ella had a solid excuse to not leave her room for quite awhile. With a bandage tightly wrapped around one of her shoulders, and another covering her untouched stitches, her body would have liked to do nothing but sit, without moving, till the scars on her skin faded. And, it wasn't like she found a reason to object to whatever her body wished for, anyways.