xi. his story

ELEVEN,
his story

ELEVEN,his story

⋆

THE NEXT DAY, Ella had kept her promise to Lizzie about being with her while bringing her to see Dr.S. Of course, she was only allowed to leave with the escort of Carl, who claimed "it was dangerous to walk around by yourself" nowadays.

After saying goodbye to Mika at the office building they were all staying in, the trio began to walk towards the prison blocks. Lizzie's hand kept a tight grip onto Ellas own, Carl trailing a few feet behind them. Getting closer to the certain cell block where the sick were told to come, the younger blonde froze in place, her eyes wide in terror at the building ahead.

"Lizzie?" Ella questioned, looking down at her fearful sister.

In an instant, Lizzie's arms wrapped around her sister, catching her off guard for a second. "I'm gonna miss you, Ella."

Those few words created a slight ache in Ella's heart, knowing she couldn't do anything to sooth her sisters worries. There wasn't any confirmation how things would go inside the cell block for Lizzie, or if she would ever walk out again. Shaking her head at that possibility, the teen didn't want to believe that this could have been the last time she would ever see her sister.

"Im gonna miss you too, but you'll be out soon." Ella told the girl, hugging her back.

When the embrace finally ended, Lizzie smiled weakly up at the two, eventually making her way towards the metal door several feet away. Turning her newly braided head, which just so happened to be done by Ella herself, the sickly girl gave the duo both one last glance, before disappearing quietly into the isolated cell block. Ella stayed silent after that, turning her heel and walking back down the gravel path. That single image of Lizzie walking into the building was embedded in her mind, and the worry that was painted on her sister's face. It made her wonder, would that be the last expression she ever saw on her sibling's face, fear? That questionable outcome, it made the gut wrenching sensation of guilt dwindle inside of her, as she hoped that this wary decision of letting her sister go was the right one, and not the one which would get her killed in the end.