vi. memories

SIX,
memories

SIX,memories

⋆

( flashback/dream )

OPENING HER EYES, a sight Ella never thought she'd see was before her. It was her old house, the one she lived in before the dead started to rampage the streets. The white traditional house siding surrounded the one story building all around, giving it a sort of modern feel. Green shutters that matched the white stuck out, along with the windows plastered on the front of the house.

After staring at the sight, Ella's feet began to move on their own almost, bringing her up the two short steps and onto the porch. The porch which her sisters played on throughout their early years was long and spread out next to the door, which was a green color, matching the shutters. Putting her hand up to the golden door knob, fingers clenched on the cooler metal and slowly twisted it, revealing the room inside.

It was a simple living room, but it carried many memories she missed everyday. Things like Christmas and birthdays were spend on the old stained grey carpet, memories which none of them thought would ever end. A smell of food cooking lingered in the air slightly, which led her into the next room over, better known as the kitchen.

In the midst of old white tiles on the floor and a brown dining table, there stood a woman. Getting a closer look, Ella recognized her as her mother. She looked exactly how she would when they still were living in this place. Her blonde hair fell down to her back, but was cut off so it wouldn't be considered too long. She was wearing a pair of worn out jeans, and  an old button up flannel as her shirt. Her back was towards the girl, all her attention focused on whatever was cooking on the stove in front of her.

"Mom?" Ella weakly called out, her eyes watering slightly at the woman standing in front of her. Just then, she turned to look at her, the familiar blue eyes that held a warm feeling every time she gazed into them.