xvi. a new hope

SIXTEEN,
a new hope

SIXTEEN,a new hope

⋆

ONLY A FEW MINUTES later, their small group finally decided it was time to go on the supply run for the day.

When Michonne came back from finding Carl, it was obvious he was still upset. Ella saw how his eyes were red slightly, and how unusually quiet he was being. It was most likely from the mention of his baby sister, Judith, however she still blamed herself slightly for how troubled he may have been.

Not long ago, Ella had snapped at him for something that wasn't even his fault. In fact, she wasn't even really upset, just overwhelmed. She wasn't sure if that added onto his problems, or if he even remembered her getting annoyed. He had more important things to be sad about, after all.

"How long you think you'll be?" Rick said, who trailed off after the trio as they made their way past the doorframe.

"Fill a couple of bags, it shouldn't be too long." Michonne had answered for the two of them.

"It's 8:15 now."

"We'll be back by noon." Michonne had looked to the two teens to confirm her sentence, getting a nod from each of them.

"Alright, you two follow her lead."

Just then, Rick had began to pull something from his belt. It was none other than a gun, one which the adult took from his son not long ago. From the time Ella had been around the family duo, their rough history on guns became more clear. Rick was always wary of Carl holding one, let alone firing the weapon. So when he found out his son wandered off yesterday,it was his overprotectiveness was as a parent to take the gun away. However, something must've changed, because he was now handing the weapon over with ease.

"You understand?" The adult asked, their hard blue eyes glaring into each other.

Nevertheless, Carl remained silent. All Rick got was a single nod, something that was uncommon for the boy. Ella was worried of course, yet she couldn't help but feel like his issues weren't something she could fix. Talking out his sisters death wasn't going to help right away, it was pointless. Still, she wanted to be there to help, if that was even possible.