xxxvi. tranquility

THIRTY-SIX,
tranquility

THIRTY-SIX,tranquility

⋆

ELLA HAD BEEN AWAKE for what felt to be hours. Simply laying in one of the many pliable mattresses, with her cobalt irises staring at the ivory skin of her near counterpart. An individual who took the form of a teenage boy, with a nest of brunette hair, accompanied by tangled strands of such locks, falling with a certain type of delicacy against his pale forehead.

In other words, the face of Carl Grimes. An appearance that, even now, she could never get enough of.

On any other typical day, Ella would have never done such a thing, invading ones privacy like this. Nevertheless, this scenario that she was currently entangled in, it wasn't actually entirely her fault. After all, she had never really planned to fall asleep in her bed, next to Carl, for the second night in a row, after last night. A span of events that unfolded as such — the two ditching Deanna's house party, eventually settling down to listen to music in her new bedroom, then agreeing to do something completely helpless, like dancing. Which, ultimately led to them kissing. Again.

After that, Ella could not find another word to describe what happened, other than positively thrilling. Of course, nothing extreme really did happen. Not in the way some may think, that is. Besides the repetitive kisses they shared, when the record on the player came to its untimely stop. Their conversations after that were highly consistent of scatterbrain thoughts, before being sooner or later replaced by a kiss, or two. Or maybe even three, four. ( Perhaps even five, too ) They began to blur together at times, even if the two were both lacking the proper experience to do anything considered fanatical or deranged.

It was just innocent kissing, in the end. Even if Ella did know that, whatever had happened between them, it was very much different than the types of kisses usually portrayed on television. Solely just a peck here and there, that sometimes lasted a second, or even longer, at times.

Although, Ella had made sure that nothing ever lasted more than approximately five, or so, seconds. Anything beyond that specific time realm was utterly mortifying to even think of imagining, let alone doing.